xix. To Make a Wish

YOUNG BLOOD
xix. to make a wish

EXTRAVAGANT HAD BEEN one of several ways in which someone could describe the Mikaelson family

EXTRAVAGANT HAD BEEN one of several ways in which someone could describe the Mikaelson family. To their clothes and their cars and everything in between, the collection of siblings didn't stray from the finer things in life. Erin became quite familiar with the elevated lifestyle over the years. After all, she did take up residence within their home. But in the last twelve hours, she began to realize just how much wealth they possessed.

     Once Rebekah had rendered Elijah unconscious, a quick call to Klaus set them on their next course of action. They were to travel up into Arkansas where a house awaited them, one of a few dozen they more than likely owed around the world. A thought Erin never really considered until they pulled up to another home in their possession.

     But as opposed to the Mikaelson Compound, or even the renovated mansion back in Mystic Falls, the farmhouse Rebekah led them to lacked the obvious ornate appearance the siblings were known for. It stood two stories tall with white siding and a long front porch that encompassed the entire lower half. The land that surrounded it on all sides stretched out for acres, putting miles between them and the nearest neighbor.

     To an outsider, the place looked like a typical southern home, certainly not where a family of vampires took refuge from their homicidal mother.

     Erin descended the central staircase of the home, having deposited the lone bag she managed to pack before they left New Orleans in one of the many rooms. She didn't know how long they would be there, waiting for a chance to take Esther done once and for all. They couldn't let thw witch continue twitch her reign of terror, not when she came dangerously close to discovering Hope's existence. It was time for Esther to go.

     Erin hit the foyer of the home, turning toward the sitting room on her left. Her gaze shifted over the room, finding Elijah stood near the fireplace with his stare set on the closest window.

     Since they arrived at the farmhouse, Elijah hadn't said much of anything. However, Erin could tell that he held an air of irritation around him. Rebekah did snap his neck and carted him away from the diner-turned-slaughterhouse. Of course he'd feel jaded by what happened. But sadly, it was for his own good.

     Erin took a deep breath and entered the room as she voiced, "so, Rebekah's walking around the yard picking up branches. Don't really know why. There's enough firewood on the porch to last a few weeks." She caught a glimpse of the blonde from the bedroom window, piling fallen tree limbs into her arms with ease. A strange activity for someone who just hauled her brother's temporarily dead body across state lines.

     Elijah failed to even glance in her direction when he replied, "I appreciate the attempt at conversation, Erin, but I do recognize when I'm being handled with kid gloves."