𝟎𝟎𝟗.

"I SEE. SO THAT MEANS YOU HAVE OBTAINED A LEAD, AND WILL IT BRING BACK RESULTS?" Makima asked, resting her chin on her intertwined fingers with the same smile plastered on her face.

Aki nodded. "Yes, Kanako and I are planning on searching for her opponent's whereabouts from the bloodstains obtained at the scene. I've handed it to the department to find the identity of the man and we hope to be able to identify the man."

The other's smile grew wider, satisfied with his response. "Very well. I look forward to hearing the good news from the two of you. I'll give you a week to settle this, is that sufficient?"

"Yes, it's more than enough."

"Good, you may go now."

At her wave of dismissal, Aki left headquarters and found his partner waiting outside. Kanako initially wanted to jump back into action the day she got discharged, but Aki forced her to take another one-day break. He stated how she was not at her full strength yet, warning her there was a chance they might end up fighting devils. As it was only the two of them, they have to be at their strongest to survive and complete their investigation. In the end, she reluctantly listened to him and took the day off.

"Oh, you're here. What did she say?" Kanako's voice broke him out of his reverie.

"Nothing much. She gave us a week to complete what we needed to do. After that, it's back to devil hunting," he answered, leading the way to one of the parked vehicles.

"A week? I think we can complete this within two days," she smirked.

He rolled his eyes, unlocked the doors of the car, and got into the driver's seat. Aki inserted the key in its designated slot, and the car purred to life. "I won't be too confident if I were you. Who knows, we might need the whole week to investigate and get promising results."

The other got into the passenger seat, closed the door behind her, and put on the seatbelt. She rested her right cheek on the palm of her right hand, looking out of the window as they drove off. "It's not like we might end up taking the whole week though. We managed to uncover the identity of the stranger who fought us. His name is Haru, right?"

Aki nodded, effortlessly turning the steering wheel and the car obeyed his command. "According to what the team managed to uncover, he works as a personal assistant in a company known as Logitech." 

The company is a technology-focused type and in the current world with devils included, they are known to create tools to aid the devil hunters in any way they can. Kanako yawned, crossing one leg over the other.

"Are we allowed to question him?" She asked, peering at her partner from the corner of her eyes. The choice of words used made them feel like they were police officers instead of devil hunters.

"Not sure, only one way to find out."

"Good afternoon, welcome to Logitech! How may I help the two of you today?" One of the staff seated by a ridiculously tall counter greeted the approaching pair in a friendly and warm-hearted tone.

Aki stood before them, showing his license as a devil hunter as a form of solid evidence. "My partner and I are here to talk to someone. His name is Haru and he's the personal assistant of the boss of this company. Are we allowed to speak to him?"

The staff's eyes flickered between the pair, taking note of their suits. "May I know why you are looking for him?" They inquired.

"It's for an investigation, but it won't take up much of his time," Kanako interjected, crossing her arms and tapping her right foot on the ground.