33 | possessive lover

surprise!
the next update will be on Friday if you guys can get me to 100 comments for this chapter!

Sunday if not cause I'm lazy and need motivation. Lol.

ps: happy tears ahead!

A M A Y A

"Why aren't you coming with us, Mommy?" Parker asks as I finish zipping his jeans.

His big eyes are like two saucers staring wide at me. I am standing on my knees to match his height but his father's features on him still manage to make me a little intimidated whenever I am near him.

"Uncle Jeremy needs Mommy to stay here, honey," I reply, patting his cheek as I smile at him.

A gloominess settles upon him as he looks at the boots adorning his feet. His small lips pucker as he drags a foot back and forth over the floor.

"I'll miss you, Mommy," he says when he meets my eyes again. "But it's okay. I'm going with Dad. I'm a big boy now!"

"Are you?"

"Yes, Mommy. Only big boys get to go alone with their Dads. See..." He moves around, then shows me his attire which consists of a pair of jeans and a white checkered shirt paired with little black boots. "I don't even wear diapers anymore."

A chuckle leaves me at his words. He gives me a toothy grin when he hears my laughter. My boy is only four but the way he talks, I sometimes forget how mature he is than kids his age.

It is the day of my wedding with Jeremy which is in two hours. We are holding a small ceremony just for a show for his father. I invited Mom and Shaun to play along but no one else.

It has been an entire week since Carter and I decided to take a major step for our child. We now have joint custody of Parker and he will now get to rightfully spend equal time with both his parents. It was a mutual agreement between us.

I spent the week trying my best to remain professional around Carter when we were at the office. Every day, we had to endure hours together with him being my boss and I, his assistant. Yet every night, before leaving, he made sure to keep repeating those words in my ear like a prayer.

'And remember..." he hummed every night in my ear. "I love you, snippy'

His mask of professionalism would fall off when he said that. I came so close to saying those words back but stopped myself.

Time. We both need time.

On the last day of the week, he announced that his job here was done and I handed him my resignation letter much to Siana and Bryce's disappointment. Bryce was disappointed because he is my friend and Siana was more disappointed because she has been making me do all her HR work.

Ever since she started dating Bryce, she hasn't been into the right track about office dating rules. I am only glad that she never found out about Carter and me. No one did.

"Mommy!" Parker snaps me back to the present.

"Yes, honey?"

"Where did you go?" He tilts his head, observing me with pretty eyes.

"Nowhere, honey."

"Take me with you next time," he says.

I lightly comb my fingers to adjust the small strands of hair falling over his forehead. He looks like my proper, little, handsome boy. Ready to go on a trip to visit his great-grandpa with his father.