Chapter 5: Subtle Preparations

"You're not bothering her now, aren't you?" An said to him, her eyes narrowed and ready to get her hands dirty if need be. 

Despite that, Zach calmly raised his hands in a gesture of peace as he looked at her, and made it clear that he has no ulterior motive. He held it as both of them stared each other down as if they were old rivals with scores to settle. 

"You don't need to be concerned." Zach said amicably. "We never really met formally, and I'd like it if we're not here to have some kind of confrontation."  

"Why? Is Raymond a friend of yours, or.... Some kind of gay secret lover of yours?" She said to him with a cheeky smile, and it intensified when she heard him groan. 

"He's just a friend of mine. What? Do I have to be gay for someone just so I can weep and cry when something bad happens to them?" 

"Nope, but it's fun to insinuate a lie~." An snickered like some kind of rat as the tension finally dies down. 

However, that's something that Noella isn't focusing on. She coughed to get their attention, and when they did, she asked the most obvious question. 

"Who the heck is his guy?" She says, referring to the student that An brought in. 

The student in question shuddered when he felt eyes on him, and he awkwardly scratched the back of his head. Especially since every inch of him screams of him being "nerdy" or "dorky" due to his messy and unkempt gingery hair

"Well, since you want to know, my name is David Romero. I'm one of the kids studying IT, but I also study language and history." He said with a smile, showing off his braced teeth. 

"And do you even know what we're dealing with?" 

"Some kind of weird monster living underneath the school, but honestly, I'm not that worried about since you can just use a silver knife." He says with upmost confidence, something that Noella... Doesn't really like so much. 

That thing wasn't just hideous, it was also fast, and really strong and cunning. It knew that the best way to get to her was by nicking her ankle with the sharp points on it's legs, and it would've succeeded in killing her if the janitor didn't arrive to beat it back in time. Trying to stab it with a silver knife is literally easier said than done. 

She looked upon An, grimacing in concern as she feels like she's putting him up for something he's barely ready for, much less the amount of danger they could be in. He is smart and useful, yes, but she feels like he doesn't fully comprehend the horrors that could await them. 

"I'll be sure to help as best as I can." He added in, still bearing that optimistic smile. 

"Well, before we can worry about whatever it is you guys are talking about, let's continue on and get to class. The last thing we need is for us to be late." 

And with that, they quickly disbanded, and ran to their classrooms before the bell rings.

=At the cafeteria: [12:00 PM]= 

Noella sat down on her table, thinking about earlier today. She still finds it shocking that out of all people, Zach came to her, wanting to talk to her. She feels elated, happy, but also worried about what it would mean for her. 

Does it mean she's one of the popular kids now? Is she gonna be invited to there cliques? Is she expected to have a clique? Would she be harassed by weird conspiracy people telling he that she's consorting with the Illuminati? 

Thoughts raced to her head in concern, her mind thinking irrational thoughts that are strange, but also based in reality, but she doesn't know what to feel about any of them. Would this compromise her relationship with Zach? Does he even know that she has a crush on him? Would that be a problem?