Chapter 3 "Lunch"

III

"Lunch"

After Analyn fed her lola's dogs, she immediately washed her hands, and went back to the kitchen.

Flora and her grandchildren brought food for all.

Rhodora led them to the dining room so that they could already eat after the food was ready and Analyn finished her chores.

When she went into the dining room, her lola introduced Flora and her grandsons to her.

She noticed James wearing a blue t-shirt that says, "For the love of the Filipino People, die. -Antonio Sta. Teresa.

Blue back then was a political color which represents the Freedom partylist.

Antonio Sta. Teresa was former congressman who was assassinated when he came back into the Philippines.

Analyn was kinda angry when she saw his t-shirt.

While they were eating, her lola Flora told more facts about their grandsons:

"James, he is currently studying at the University of St. Dominic.....College of Education.....It's he's 3rd year in their, he's almost graduating.

John, he was always being offered with scholarships in different schools due to his high grades. Well, his parents wanted him to study abroad, I suggest to them that he will study at Harvard.

Baptist. He's the youngest one. He took piano lessons when he was 8 but now he is currently taking swimming lessons from a coach from Italy."

"Well, isn't that nice?.....I see that your grandson is wearing a political t-shirt," Rhodora said.

"Oh yes, he is an activist.....Guess what, he was one of those who witnessed the Maria revolution....He was one of those also who came into the People's palace when the Mendozas left the country to India.

Her lola was surprised that the one who was currently sitting in front of her was an anti-Mendoza.

Analyn suddenly replied to what Flora said, "Well, lola.....with all due respect, is it really necessary for him to wear that today? Like people's clothes should know their places."

James was currently drinking when he heard what Analyn had said.

"Does it disturb you? Ms. Analyn," James asked.

"No, not at all. I'm just a perfectionist at things like clothes." Analyn replied.

"I see."

The two were staring at each other.

Rhodora then said, "Analyn, could you please pass me the Adobo?"

"Sure, lola," she replied while reaching the bowl of Adobo.