Chapter Twenty Five - Endings and Beginnings

15 years had past. During that time, Rory, Vick and Posy had grown up and moved on with their own lives. They no longer needed me to mother them. Rory became a doctor in The Capitol, he was very good at his job and always came home for celebrations. He valued his family above anything else. I was still the protective older sister when he brought girls home, to meet the family. I grilled them with nearly every question.

Vick, he became an architect working on buildings for all districts. With him, Paylor and the whole of Panem's support all 13 districts were equally as nice to live in. Though he never married. He did have two little girls, who I adored.

Posy. She still had the effects of losing our Mom at such a young age, but is grateful everyday that she had at least five years with her. She decided to live with Gale in district 2 and become a soldier. I did not expect that from the little girl who clung to me for nights on end hoping things would never change.

I spoke to Gale sometimes, he still tried his best to be the big brother, but from afar and after I came to forgive. He was always there to listen to any ramblings I had, hoping for a different opinion that didn't match my husbands.

As for me and Peeta once I didn't have the need to care for three siblings at once, he wanted us to have a family of our own. One that we made together as husband and wife. Though I was reluctant at first, it did not take long for me to give in. 7 years ago I had the twins, Savannah and Serena. I was terrified that I was having one let alone two, but having them look at me for the first time settled all my anxiety.

After them it was another three years before I even agreed to have another. Joseph, his little eyes screamed mischief and I knew that he would be like me and make all kinds of trouble for himself. Then almost a year ago River, he was a ball of pure innocence.

I sat in the meadow watching Peeta play with the children. He still had episodes, i would see him grip the armchair with such force and a steel look came over his eyes. No one but me would notice, could notice. They were far and few between. River woke up crying a little.

"Oh shhh, shhh. Did you have a nightmare?" I whispered holding his little hand "I have nightmares too. Someday I'll explain it to you. Why they came, why they won't ever go away." He calmed down

"But I'll tell you how I survive it. I make a list in my head of all the god things I've seen someone do. Every little thing I can remember. It's like a game, I do it over and over. Get's a little tedious after all these years, but there are much worse games to play." I look back up as the girls started ticking their father with Joseph jumping on his back. I giggled softly rocking River back to sleep.