not so wonderhoy

kaito is so fine, especially when he played that person (forgot name) had to include him. idk who drew it so I don't have the @ sorry </3

Notes:

Please recommend book names I have 0 clue.

Enjoy.

Tsukasa heaved a sigh of relief as the last school bell rang. After having almost flunked his history exam, he was looking forward to the break that came after midterms. Squeaks of chairs and excited chatter filled the classroom immediately as everyone began to rush towards their two weeks of freedom.

Eventually, the commotion stilled and silence settled comfortably into the school. Having been assigned to cleaning duty, Tsukasa naturally stood behind to sweep, wipe down desks, and stack chairs thoroughly. As he scrubbed a particularly difficult stain, his mind wandered to his past performance as Torpe, from their first indoor performance.

He sighed.

Why had he struggled so horribly with connecting to the personality of Torpe?

Had he not sat with Toya or Saki that day, how would he have come up with a way to put himself in a place similar to his role?

Deep down, Tsukasa knew the reason why, though whether he would admit it is an entirely different story.

"-kasa-kun? Hello?"

Tsukasa blinked back into reality at the sound of his name. He turned to meet the smooth voice of his troupe-mate.

"Ah, Rui,, Sorry I was thinking of something.." Tsukasa trailed off, having no other excuse to give to the other boy.

Rui seemed to think nothing of it, instead giving a short chuckle and smiling at him, "Fufu~ That's alright Tsukasa-kun. I was just wondering if you were done with that last desk yet? It seems clean.."

Tsukasa glanced down at the spot that was previously darkened with pencil lead.

Where did the stain go? Had he been spaced out for that long..?

"Tsukasa-kun is something on your mind?"

Ah good ole' Rui. Observant as ever. Tsukasa sighed mentally.

"No, I'm just thinking of our next show and how to make it as amazing as possible!" Tsukasa struck the most dramatic pose in his arsenal to prove his point to Rui, who in turn simply smiled at his antics. After making his point, Tsukasa moved the last desk and exited the classroom with Rui by his side. They discussed their hopes and concerns for their test scores and what they were doing during break.

~~~~~~

All too soon, their stage was in view and their conversation came to a close.

"WONDER-HELLO-HOY!!!" Was all Tsukasa heard before being tackled to the ground.

"ARRHGH EMU I'VE TOLD YOU TO STOP DOING THAT!" He scolded, shooting a half-hearted glare towards Rui for laughing at his position on the ground.

"But how else do I give you thump-thump excitement in your heart!? Phoenix Wonderland is superrrrr wonderhoy so I have to spread the joy through boowaaa!!" Emu gushed, stars in her eyes.

"What the hell does thump-thump and boowaaa mean.." Nene muttered, appearing from the backstage area after hearing the commotion. "How do we even pull off any shows with you two.."

"What!? Are you implying I don't help with our shows?! How cold of you Nene!" Tsukasa yelled, causing said girl to let out a groan and cover her ears.

"Now, now, what should we do for our next upcoming show? I don't believe we need to worry about it until we get back from break as we're on vacation, but I don't think it would hurt to throw out some ideas since we're all here." Rui, ever the responsible director, brought their attention back to what they agreed to meet up on.