Chapter 35: Guilt

What are they hiding? What could be so bad that they stammer to reply? It could be anything, was Elsa not trustworthy to know?
"Elsa." Hiccup called out, Elsa wasn't particularly paying attention. "Elsa." He said louder. She had spacing out in thoughts, Hiccup's guilt piled up as she didn't respond, his heart ached. "Elsa." He practically exclaimed.
"Huh." She absentmindedly called out to him. "You've been spacing out this whole period." He said his eyes saddening. "Have I?" Elsa said looking up at him. "Yeah." He said placing his hand over her forehead. Fever.
"I'm fine." Elsa said wafting Hiccup's hand away from her forehead. "You should probably go to the nurse." Hiccup said lifting her up with no protest on her part. "I told you..." Elsa stopped mid- sentence.
She then realized that she indeed felt weak. The last time she had felt this sick was when Pitch was around. But Elsa knew it wasnt Pitch's fault this time. "Elsa?" He said holding her by the waist.
"I'll go to the nurse, you go to 3rd." Elsa said looking up at Hiccup, determined. Hiccup bobbed his head up and down as he let go of Elsa she then proceeded to walk past him.
The only question in his head was if Elsa was okay. Hiccup stared at her empty desk and with his fingers he began tracing the edge of the desk.
"Why does my heart hurt."
...
Elsa entered the nurse's office, the nurse barely looked up to see who it was then went back to her paper work. Elsa then went to the bed filled room and chose the bed closest to the window and closed the privacy curtains.
Once she was sure she was all alone she popped open the window and jumped out, she had to find Olaf.

But as she ran out something caught her attention. A running silver haired boy turning a corner to the old buildings, Jack.
Forgetting her first objective momentarily she went running after that boy. But as she turned the corner she was met by a girl.
"Do you know where he ran off to?" Elsa asked the girl, but as if she already knew Elsa was talking about Jack she answered sharply
"No I haven't seen him. Thats really weird. Why?"
Geez what's her problem... wait yeah. Anna told me he's popular. Elsa thought to herself.
I glared at the girl. "I need to find him that's all." Elsa said her voice unintentionally oozing venom.
"Well look somewhere else." The girl glared back. But in the far distance Elsa could see gray hair fluttering from behind a building.
Oh so that's how it is...
...
Merida stared off into space as she traced her lips with her finger. She still questioned herself about what had lead Hiccup to do that. It wasn't necessarily her first kiss. But, to her it meant a whole lot. At the time it happened she thought her feelings were finally reciprocated.
She covered her face and blushed, but then recalled what Hiccup did after he kissed her, she became angry at the memory.. 'T-this doesn't mean anything. I just...I have to go. You already know I like Elsa. I'm sorry Merida, just forget it. Dont tell anyone please?"
I like Elsa, huh.
Elsa... She's a nice person. She's really pretty and smart. Elsa's obviously Hiccup's type, hell, the two even looked good together. Merida thought to herself.
She quietly clasped her hands to her face, Enough is enough. Suddenly her attention was diverted from her thoughts to the window outside.
Was that Elsa? She strained her neck to get a better look. But, she couldn't see well enough due to someone clearing their throat behind her.
"Miss DunBroch. Do pay attention." The teacher said fixing her glasses on her crooked nose.
"Y-yes, ma'am." Merida said trying her best not to roll her eyes at the elderly woman next to her. Merida always tended to call her a prune and always wondered who married her, and why would they?
Merida kept eyeing the teacher as she lifted her head higher and strutted away towards the front of the class. Rapunzel noticed this and tried to catch her eyes. She succeeded. Merida bobbed her head toward Rapunzel as a greeting.
'We need to talk after class.' She mouthed to the redhead. Merida nodded and thought to herself. 'Yes we do, im even seeing things.'
But, what she saw was no apparition of guilt.
Once outside of class the two freshman met up.
"What are we going to tell Elsa?" Rapunzel asked twirling her hair on her finger nervously. "I dun't know either. We've all betrayed Elsa." Merida said.
"N-not necessarily betrayed..." Rapunzel said not at all convincing herself. "You and Jack and Hiccup and I." Merida says. They both knew it was a betrayal because they didn't know which one the guys Elsa liked, if any.
"Ugh, we all need to talk!" Rapunzel exclaimed aggravated. "But, how can we all talk when Jacks not even at school?" Merida questioned.
"Where IS he?" Rapunzel asked looking at her phone at the last message Jack sent her, "I'm kinda busy... Ttyl."
There's no helping that boy, even though he was so ecstatic about seeing Elsa just yesterday. What could have diverted his attention... Dont tell me another girl.
....
While that was happening somewhere on the other side of town a teenage boy was walking around alone and disoriented.
"Where am i?" the boy said his voice rough and hair dissarayed. He had been wandering the forest all night and morning. He did not even know why he left in the first place.
With every step he took his long blonde hair stuck to his face and with how much he's been walking it has been annoying him with no end.
But most of all what annoyed him was the feeling he always got when his hair decided to poof up and lately that had been hapening more and more often, so much that even he noticed.
Soon the teen arrived at a small ice cottage,with this discovery a smile adorned his pale face.
But as he neared the cottage he suddenly grew nauseous and weak. Before he fully collapsed he heard his name being called in the far distance, "OLAF!"
Elsa screamed out, where was that snowman? Suddenly she saw a young man on the floor. Who could be this deep inside the forest... Elsa ran towards the young man. She kneeled close to his body afraid to touch him, she noticed he was still breathing and breathed out a long sigh of relief. She lifted a piece of hair from the teens face and gasped at how beautiful he was...who is this?
...
Elsa finally arrived back at school before 5th period. She sighed heavily, out of breathe and sweating. She didnt manage to find Olaf, but after helping out the beautiful young man she seemed to have regained her strength. She sat down on her bed as a bead of cold sweat left her neck and traveled to her collar bone.
Who is that person? He seems familiar, somehow.
Suddenly she heard muffled voices to the latter side of her bed. She looked up just in time to see someone opening her curtains and pausing in front of her. Elsa didn't utter no word as the person slowly stepped in and closed the curtains behind himself.
There in front of her was the one and only person that was missing, his voice fell on death ears and all Elsa could do was say his name.
"Jack."