7 - Let's Shave Wilbur's Head

JOE POV

I stared at Y/n as they played with Wilbur's hair. He was asleep. His head on their lap. I watched their hands weave their way around Will's messy bed head. I thought about the infamous night Y/n and I had.

They cried in my arms for so long. The relief I felt when they started to sleep instead of cry is indescribable. I don't think I'll ever forget that night.

Y/n trusted me that night. Their emotions were in my hands. "Joe" Y/n whispered. I perked up and stared at them. "Do you think Will would stay asleep if I started shaving his head?" they whispered to me. I snickered and shook my head, "Probably. He's a heavy sleeper" I responded in a hushed tone.

Everyone in the van was asleep except me, Y/n, and Charles. Charles was driving and he also had loud ass headphones on.

They gave me a smile and kept playing with Will's hair. "Um, Joe?" I looked back at Y/n. "Thanks for not telling them about the night I kind of cried in your arms" they thanked me. I smiled, "Anytime" I told them.

Y/n closed their eyes and rested their head back. I turned on my phone and opened the notepad app. Me and the band were working on a new song. We got the entire music part down, but we have no idea what the lyrics should be. I'm starting to get an idea on what the lyrics should be. Thanks to Y/n.

I started typing out the ideas I had. The ideas kept pouring out of me like an overfilled sink. I looked back at Y/n and smiled. They're beautiful.

My brain froze. Did I just say that? I mean, yes, they've always been effortlessly pretty but...why am I thinking about it now? I stared at them more, memorizing every detail on their face. Y/n's hands stopped moving in Will's hair.

I smiled at Y/n. They looked so peaceful. I started to feel anger and sadness come over me. Y/n deserves a better life.

They don't deserve being dragged from day to day with little no people answering their questions. They don't deserve this life. They deserve the world. If only I could give it to them.

I blinked a couple times, trying to get my brain back in check. Stop thinking like that. I can't. Why should I? In that second, I decided to try and give Y/n the greatest tour they've ever god damn seen.

TIME SKIP

Y/n and Mark chatted at the drums. While Wilbur and Ash were double checking everything for their guitar and bass.

I took a deep breath. In less than 10 hours hundreds of people are going to be flocking in here to hear us perform. I've done this before. So, why am I stressing out?

"Joe! Just the man I wanted to see" Charles said, walking over to me. "What?" I questioned. "Wilbur told me you started writing the lyrics to the new song! That's great news" Charles exclaimed. I laughed nervously and nodded, "Yeah. You can find inspiration in the most unpredictable places" I responded.

Charles smiled at me and patted my back, "Keep up the good work. At least someone here is taking care of the new songs" he said. Charles sure does know how to change a mood.

"Everyone is trying their best! You just keep piling a bunch of other things on us" I explained. "I don't want you making up excuses for them. If you can keep up with everything, I'm giving you guys then they can too" he told me.

I looked at Y/n. They glanced at me and gave me a wave. I just looked away and nodded at Charles. "Right" I mumbled to him.

Charles got a call so he left me alone, thank god. Y/n walked over to me and put a hand on my arm. "Hey, you okay?" they asked me. I nodded, "Yeah. Just a little nervous, that's all" I lied, smiling at them. "You'll do great" they said. I nodded, "I hope."

"Oh, don't say that! You sound so stupid!" they said, flicking my arm. I laughed, "Thanks for the honesty." "I want to hear enthusiasm!" they exclaimed. "We got this!" I shouted. "Hell yeah!"

"Y/n! Joe!" Wilbur shouted at us. Y/n and I turned to see Wilbur rushing at us. "You were talking about shaving my head?!" he questioned. Y/n and I burst out laughing. "It was just a funny joke! Don't take it seriously" Y/n told him.

Will smiled, "Good. Because I'm already going bald" he said. "What?" Y/n questioned. Wilbur lifted up his hair to show Y/n his reseating hairline. Y/n started to laugh so hard I was sure they couldn't breathe.

"Y/n? Are you okay?" Will asked them, starting to get genuinely worried. Y/n started to pull it together and nodded. "Yes. Right." Y/n replied, nodding.

Will grinned, "It's almost time" he whispered. "Why are you whispering?" Y/n asked. "To add dramatic effect" he replied.

I laughed, "James is right. You are an idiot" I said.