12 - Cats are Not Evil

Y/N POV

"I don't know..." I mumbled, holding onto Mark's arm for dear life. "He won't hurt you! It's okay" Mark assured me. He took my hand and put it in front of the golden cat.

The cat sniffed my hand and meowed. "What does that mean?" I asked with pure worry and fear in my voice. "he's saying hi. Say hi back" Mark told me. "Hi Beans. It's nice to finally meet you." my voice was quivering with every word.

Mark put my hand on top of Bean's head. Bean closed his eyes and purred as I started to pet his soft head.

I laughed nervously, "Awe, you're so cute!" I told the cat. "Look at that! You don't have a fear of cats anymore!" Mark exclaimed, raising his arms up in victory.

A grey cat, Ernie, walked up to me and started to meow. I stared at Mark, helpless. He laughed, "Or maybe not." he walked over to Ernie and picked him up. "These two are really nice. Don't worry" Mark told me.

I sighed and watched as Mark started to baby Ernie. I smiled and pulled out my phone to take a couple pictures of the adorable scene.

He laughed and smiled at the camera. He held up Ernie for the camera and Ernie just stayed there, not really bothered. "Adorable" I complimented.

"Joe?! Is joe in here?!" Charles questioned, bursting into the room making Mark and I flinch. "No. Why do you need him?" Mark asked Charles. Charles stared at Mark, "I can't find him. I need to talk to him."

"Oh. I know where he is" I said. "Where?" Charles snapped at me. "I can't tell you that information. It's his day off" I explained.

Charles rolled his eyes, "You bitch, just tell me!" he shouted. Someone sure as hell knows how to kill a mood. "I... no." I decided to stand my ground. "What!?" "You heard them. They aren't telling you where he is" Mark said.

I stared at Mark, kind of shocked that he stood up for me like that. Charles raised an eyebrow. "You two do know that our new album is supposed to be released tomorrow so we need to crunch" Charles told us.

I stared down at Beans and ran my fingers in his fur. "I..." I didn't really know what to say. He was right. Their fans were expecting a new album soon. So, it would make sense that the best thing would be for Joe to be here, helping the band.

My mind ran around the place. What do I say? Do I stand my ground? What if Mark says something?

"I said I'm not telling you" I told Charles, staring at him. We were in a staring contest now. And the winner had the power. Jokes on him I'm very fucking paranoid so I easily won.

"Alright, I'll find him myself" Charles said, leaving the room. "I can't believe you did that" Mark said. "I can't believe you backed me up!" I replied. We burst out laughing and he shook his head. "Wow. What came over you?" he asked me.

"I remembered that Joe is in pain from his leg and he deserves all the rest in the world right now" I explained. "Oh! I completely forgot about that!" "You forgot that your friend got hit by a fucking bike?!" I questioned. He laughed, "Yeah. Was it funny?"

"Oh, very fucking funny I'm going to be honest" I admitted. We snickered and Will came into the room. "Do you two know where Charlie is?" he asked us.

I was on a confidence high from denying Charles' access to my knowledge of Joe's whereabouts. "What? You just want to yell at him because you're bored?" I questioned. I was being a dick now. I saw Mark in the corner of my eye, he looked scared to say the least.

"No, I actually have the whole day booked I just scheduled a time for me and him to fight" Wilbur replied.

All of my bitchy confidence vanished I immediately got embarrassed. "Alright, come with me. We're going on a fieldtrip" Will said. "What!? But we just came back from a fieldtrip!" I complained.

"I gave you a day break, come on!" Will replied, clapping his hands as if that was going to motivate me to leave Beans, Ernie, and Mark. "He's learning from Charles" I whispered to Mark. He snickered and Will glared at us, "Come on!" Will exclaimed.

I got up and walked with Wilbur to his car. "Seatbelts" Will said, clicking his seatbelt in place. I did the same. "You ready?" he asked me. "I don't think I ever will be with you." "Good enough for me!"