Prologue: Escaping death

Charlie POV

Police and ambulance sirens rang in my ears, as a police officer was asking me questions about what happened. A tear rolled down my face as I saw paramedics rushing Nova into the ambulance and driving away to the nearest hospital. Thats when I saw him, my boyfriend being dragged out by two paramedics and police officers. I covered my mouth, as tears rolled down my face " DANIEL!!!!!!! " I screamed as I was then held back by officers, when I tried to run to him. I screamed at them to let me go, as an ambulance carried my boyfriend away. I just remember collapsing to my knees, as a female officer stroked my back comfortingly. 

But I just sobbed and sobbed, fearing the worse. That my boyfriend was dead. I continued to cry hysterically as paramedics were taking me to an ambulance, so I could get rest at the hospital.

2 days later. 

I was currently resting in a hospital bed, with my father next to me holding my hand, and comforting me " I'm telling you Charlie, he's going to be fine. He's a tough boy. " " I know he is! But what if he dies?! " " Charlie, I promise you; he's going to be fine " I smiled as my father gave me a hug, which I returned. We stopped when Daniels nurse came into my room. I thought I heard familiar muffled crying, but I ignored it by bombarding the nurse with questions about Daniel " Is Daniel, okay?! Is he hurt?! Did he live?! Is he in a coma?!-- " " Miss, I'm going to need you to calm down for me, your bodies not ready for so much excitement yet. " " Oh? -- Duh! yes! sorry! But how is Daniel? " The nurse gave me an apologetic look as she spoke the words that shattered my heart and soul " I'm sorry, he didn't make it. " I couldn't believe it, Daniel, my Daniel, the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. Was dead?! Tears slowly dripped down my face, as I began to sob hysterically in pain. Why? Why was this happening to me?! What did I do to deserve this?! Why God why?! Why God... Why did you let this happen!? Why did you take him away from me?!

4 years later

It's been 4 years. 4 years since all of my friends died. 4 years since the love of my life was snatched from me. And as it turns out, I'm apparently pregnant. I don't know how or why, but I'm guessing that is must be god's apology for killing most of the people I care about. Luckily, my father wasn't angry, surprisingly he was supportive, and promised to help me with whatever I needed. I'm so lucky to have him. I've decided to keep the baby, because I'm sure that's what Daniel would have wanted. And, because than I can have another piece of him, with me. And I swear, I'm going to love and protect this child with my life. And I'm never going to let anyone hurt my child, if it's the last thing I do.