Chapter 8 -- Texting

Every morning that week, Ashton woke up, checked his phone, and shrugged when he hadn't received a text from his Fuck Buddy with Benefits.

    It's not that he wanted Luke to text him, but he was certainly expecting that the man would run out of patience waiting for him and make the first move. Every day he was more shocked, until a full 7 days later, when Luke's name appeared on his screen while he was about to get out of bed.   

    Luke: Hello Ashton! Hope you're doing well, I was wondering if I could take you out tonight. Please let me know what you'd like to do, ~Luke

    He smiled at the formality of the text. He really leaned into his "I'm very rich and proper" mindset, he'd gotten a driver for gods sake. He always dressed impeccably, could afford anything his heart desired. What was he doing with Ashton?

    Ash: Good morning, Luke. I suppose that would work, what time? Nothing fancy, though, I don't need over the top.

    He set his phone down as he tried to get ready for the day. He was off from work, and had some errands to run. Stretching his arms, he breathed deeply before coughing. Maybe a shower was in order, he thought after smelling himself.

    His phone buzzed on the nightstand, almost dropping off the edge, but he caught it before it could fall.

    Luke: You mean dinner at a 5 star restaurant followed by a helicopter ride around the city is out of the question?

    Ashton rolled his eyes. This man was something else.

    Ash: Yes, that's too much. I don't need you to show off to have a good time.

    Luke: Dinner and a walk on the pier then?

    Ash: 😒😒

    Luke: Okay, okay, we don't have to do anything crazy. How about you come over and I'll cook something and we can watch a movie at my place?

    Ash: that seems okay.

    Luke: Great, I'll have Harry send for you around 5:30 and bring you to mine.

    Luke: This will give us plenty of time to get to know each other better.

He set his phone down on the counter and rubbed his hands over his face.

Great, was it too soon for him to back out?

    He sent a thumbs up in reply, already anxious about the night. Why was Luke so invested in him already? Ashton rarely met guys who were even interested in a second date, and he preferred it that way. It was much easier when he knew there were no strings attached, no awkward small talk, no getting to know you that was going to end in heart break.

    Was he signing himself up for that by agreeing to that little deal with Luke?

    He made peace with himself when he realized if the night didn't go well, then he could just stop at any time. He just had to come up with an excuse to give Luke, and then he wouldn't have anything to worry about.

    With that in mind, he set about the rest of his day, just waiting until he could see the man again.

***
Aight y'all. This chapter is short bc I'm on vacation and we haven't had great service. I'm on the path to seeing 5sos 4 times this tour and I couldn't be more excited !! Are you seeing them at all??

 I'm on the path to seeing 5sos 4 times this tour and I couldn't be more excited !! Are you seeing them at all??

Here's one of my pics of Luke from when I had pit ❤️

~ashtonfortherwin