Chapter 4: Can A Blind Man Swim?

3RD POV:

For the past week the Student Council worked nonstop to the point where they were busy with work every hour. Which where they are now, Zenkichi and Akune slumped over their tables littered with paper as well as the floor while Medaka rapidly was taking care of two giant stacks herself, and (Y/n)... He's there for emotional support

Akune"Hitoyoshi... Is it all right I quit the student council..?"

Zenkichi"ha haha... That's not even funny Akune..."

Akune"although... Look at Medaka-san, doing then times the work we're doing. And for (Y/n)..."

The two of them groggily looked to the side of the room where they saw (Y/n) lost in thought

Akune"he's just been standing there not saying a single word at all..."

Zenkichi"he's probably thinking or standing in his sleep"

Inside of (Y/n)'s head:

Medaka"objection, that's not true. Even I'm starting to feel fatigued with all this paper work"

Zenkichi"you don't look like it"

Medaka"the change from scouting entries to full club activities was big. There are too many requests for club funds!"

Zenkichi"not having a treasury is really hurting now"

Akune"since I was in the Judo club, I can say from experience that even one dollar helps. So I can understand where the people asking for funds are coming from"

Medaka"hmm, whatever it is you try to do in this world, money is needed"

(Y/n)"I think the main issue is that there are so many clubs in this school, bowling club is a bit strange, darts club I don't see a reason for it. And the strangest of them all, bobsledding"

Zenkichi"how did the board even approve of all of these?"

Medaka"whatever the case, there's a limit to the amount we can increase each club's funding. If we split it amongst all clubs, there won't be enough to buy a pencil. It doesn't look like we can be fair on the issue"

Akune"then how about this? Instead of splitting the funds we give it to one deserving club"

Everyone looked over towards Akune with a interested look as he caught their attention

Akune"there's an inter-club relay race coming up that I'm in charge of right? It's normally an assembly of sorts, but how about we make it into a competition where the winner gets all the clubs funds?"

(Y/n)"that sounds like a great idea, and will make it easier for us to see who is most motivated"

Medaka"that's not a bad idea. But a relay is unfair, even if they were to just play around the track team would win"

Zenkichi"then this would be perfect"

Zenkichi looked across the scattered papers on his table looking for something before bringing up a request from the suggestion box