First Mission

When Sun Baohai woke up the following day, he only had one idea. Right now they had no resources, so a big business was a no. He could make DIY things, but the problem was he didn't have the materials yet. So the only thing he could make was jam. It's pretty cliche but that's the only thing he could think of. 

He had strawberries, sugar, the shop, and jam had yet to be made in this era. So why not do it? Today when he went to town, he would clean the shop and see what he could do with it. With that in mind, he got up to make breakfast.

He made some millet porridge and some steamed buns. When he got up it was the hour of the dragon (7 am- 9 am). The kids also got up at this time and they all looked energetic. He was surprised that kids could get up so early, but he remembered that this was a different era, and according to the children they woke up fairly late as they were used to waking up at the crack of dawn. 

He listened to the kids talking among themselves in the small yard as they brushed their teeth, and cleaned themselves. He went to help them and then came back to get the baby. Today the baby had had some millet too, but his was made thinner, and watery. After he fed the kids breakfast he left them at Aunt Lin's house and boarded the donkey cart to go to town.

As soon as he got to town, the scenery immediately changed from a quiet one to a noisy and bustling one. He got off and made his way to the shop according to his memories. When he saw the shop he wasn't really surprised since he knew what the shop looked like from his memories. Though the shop had some pros, for example where it's situated, and how it's built, the cons outweighed it, for example, the broken down shop, the cracked walls, the mold on it, etc. Nobody would want to come to a shop like this.

{ No one would want to come to a rundown shop like this host! Your first mission is to renovate the shop and make it look appealing. Reward: 5 points, 1 pound of miracle fertilizer.}

'Okay got it,' 

As soon as he finished looking at the shop, he made his way to get the things that the shop needed. He then made his way to a carpenter and a mason. The cost to get both of them to renovate the shop would be four hundred and fifty wen. Sun Baohai felt like his heart was being ripped apart by spending all this money but he knew that it would be worth it.

'Nuo Mi, do you have cleaning soap'

{Yes, it's worth one point.}

'I need a scrubbing brush too'

{Then that would be two points.}

As soon as Sun Baohai collected the products he immediately got to cleaning. He spent the whole day scrubbing and cleaning the walls and floor.  Though most of the mold and dust were gone the shop looked like it still needed more work, but he needed to go back to the kids and cook for them so he made his way back home.

As soon as he got to the village he went and picked up the kids and cooked some porridge for today as well. The kids went to play at their friend's house again while he made his way to the field to toil once again. It took him about two hours to finally finished planting everything. As soon as he finished he took a shower and called the kids to take a shower. 

The rest of the week continued like this. Sun Baohai would go to town every day to renovate the shop while the kids would stay with Aunt Lin. And when Sun Baohai got home he would water the plants and farm and start making clothes for the kids with the cloth that was given by the system. So by the end of the week, the shop was fully renovated and the new clothes for kids were. His clothes were bigger so it would take him longer to make.

{Congratulations host for renovating the shop. Your reward will be given now.}

'Ok thanks, Nuo Mi'

{No need to thank me you earned it.}

As soon as he got home that day he showered the kids and immediately went to bed and fell asleep. He had been toiling this whole week and barely had time to sleep. This was the only night he could actually sleep well since he would start making jam soon which would take up most of his time. The next day he woke up and made egg drop soup for the kids. After the kids ate, he showered them and washed their hair.

He didn't know if it was because the shampoo was a system product but it was very efficient. Though the kids still had lice, they were getting lesser and lesser. Plus their hair was also looking healthier. The kids themselves looked different from before. Though they were still skinny their features were more visible than before. Since they ate filling means and looked cleaner than before, you could see the change.  After they finished showering he put the clothes on for the kids.

He had yet to know how to make hanfu's hence, he just made two jumpers for the kids, along with three shirts for each. For the baby, it was more complicated. He had to buy buttons to make the part of the romper where the diaper would be situated. After the kids changed in their clothes they all looked different from their past selves. 

Sun Baohai didn't make any new clothes for himself since the original owner had about five decent sets of hanfus. Plus he was extremely worried about the money. Even though their lives were getting a little better, he only had eleven points from the system and about five hundred coins in storage. He needed to start making money now, or else they were going to go broke and starve.