feeling like a burden?

hi everyone! how are you all feeling? if you want to rant in here, feel free to or you can either message me on here (my dms are always open) or my insta @cryinonthefloorofmybathroom (it is private but if you send a message request, i'll be happy to answer any concerns about your mental health)

so the big thing is that with mental health issues, there is always a constant theme and that is, whenever you tell someone about your emotions and feelings, do you feel guilty by it and so, you tend to hold it in even more and then you end up breaking down?

because that's what i used to do and in some cases, it can be a good response because you are trying to maintain a good, positive life and you get to keep what you're feeling inside away from others and it prevents your friends, family etc, from worrying. however, as a result of keeping it inside, you will get yourself so ill to the point where you will get burnt out.

now my response to this is slightly different than it used to be, because i sometimes feel like a burden whenever i speak my problems or concerns, i now either speak them aloud to myself or i write exactly how i'm feeling and turn it into something creative e.g a book, poem or even a song!

or you could speak to your parents, now, i totally get it, some people on here will have family issues, whether it's bereavement, trust issues, dealing with divorce etc. so my advice for this is to start with baby steps, then build your  way up to talking to them about your feelings.

it may take time and that's perfectly ok, you may feel guilty after telling them about your feelings and that's ok too. at the end of the day, your feelings are totally valid and i get it completely because i've been through it.

it took me a while to get to a point of advising others with their mental health but if i have the courage to do it, so do you!

you can do this and if you can't, just remember that you are never ever a burden and the way you feel matters. you are never ever alone and that is the purpose of this book

i'm here for you all and i'm proud of you for pushing through each day!

sending all my love and virtual hugs

em 🤍🤍