Chapter 5

Lucia sat beside Arienne on the sofa as Arienne picked at her dress. This is so uncomfortable. After the shocking announcement, we were served an extravagant breakfast like we'd never seen before but of course we couldn't enjoy the meal. And why were there so many servants present to serve just two kids?? All these stares were so overwhelming that I felt sick to my stomach! Lucia wasn't even allowed there because someone had to speak with her. Besides it's all just because- ''His majesty ordered us to prepare this meal and these servants for you.'' Isina speaks. What exactly does he want? Is he planning to act as our father after all these years? What has he ever done for us? ''Your names will be Arhen and Arienne.'' The Emperor says. Names. Yeah he gave us that one thing. Just one thing. On that day when all we could do was breathe inside a luxurious, but cold cardle, we felt for the first time the strong, sturdy arms of our father as he picked us up. The only thing we could see was his shining blonde hair like the sun. That was my first memory. The Emperor giving us our second names.... That's all I remember. Why I am getting so nostalgic about it? The second time I saw him was yesterday. I honestly can't remember his face. 

To think that I have to wear this long dress and wait like this, just to have a meal together. It has more jewels than Rurahelle's clothes. It's too uncomfortable for a five-year-old! ''How uncomfortable.'' Arhen says making Lucia and Arienne look at him. ''Arhen.'' Arienne says. ''To think we have to wear these kinds of clothes and wait like this, just to have a meal together.'' Arhen complains through the bond. ''Haa, That's what I was just thinking. I wonder if he'll kick us out if we make a mistake in front of him.'' Arienne says. ''He'll probably just kill us.''  Arhen says calmly. ''Everything will be alright children don't fret.'' Lucia tells them as someone knocks on the door. ''We've come to escort your highnesses.'' A butler says and they leave walking down the hall. 

''Are you tired?'' Isina asks the twins as Lucia walks behind them. ''We're fine.'' The twins say nervously not wanting to be carried. Lucia takes this time to look around the halls and watch the twins carefully. Ever since being given back her noble status by the Emperor turns out that she was to become his ward if anything ever happened as her family was a good friend of the Empress. She was finally trying to get used to it all while also watching over the twins at the same time. 

''Prince, Princess, we have arrived.'' The butler says and the doors open to reveal the Emperor sitting at the top of the table. The twins stand there shocked as Isina stands to the side of them. ''You have to say, 'Greetings honourable father.''' She says and the twins bow. ''Greetings honourable father. We wouldn't have stuttered if we have to say greetings your majesty instead. Is this the right way to greet him? ''Greetings your majesty, I'll just be on my way.'' Lucia says and bends down to give the twins a kiss on the forehead  but they look at her sad and worried. The Emperor picks up on this. ''Join us Lucia. Take a seat.'' The Emperor says but Lucia shakes her head. ''I couldn't possibly.'' She says standing to leave. ''Please, your welcome in the castle as my ward as you're aware so join us.'' The Emperor reasons as the twins look up to her. She sighs. ''Very well then.'' Another chair is placed at the table and the twins sit next to each other while Lucia sits across from them. 

 They keep serving us food but it's hard to eat since the Emperor hasn't said a word. GAH! Our eyes met! AAAAH! This is a thousand times more awkward than before!!!! I shouldn't have stared at him. ''Just tell the servants what you want to eat.'' The Emperor tells Arienne. Forget the food this situation is so uncomfortable! But it feels like something terrible will happen if I don't eat!!! 

''Arhen, How is the food?''

''I don't know. Just chew and swallow and repeat.''

''Uuugh'' 

''But it does tatse good''

''Your right.''

Lucia seems to be not eating at all I wonder if she's alright. ''What happened there?'' The Emperor asks looking at Arhen's arm. What is he... Arhen's scars! Arienne jumps out of her chair knocking over some knives and forks to cover Arhen's arm as Lucia stands and Arhen turns to her for comfort . What should we do!?