Chapter 7

The birds chirped outside while the Prince and Princess laid on their bed in their current room. Nothing has happened since I completely disrespected the Emperor of Yuriana, and it's already noon. It's boring and there's nothing to do. 

Arhen

Hmm?

How long do we have to stay in this room? Along with all those servants.

...

We're always surrounded by servants except for when we're sleeping.

Yep

Could this possibly be the orders of the Emperor?

Maybe

Hmm

''Your highnesses.'' A maid got their attention. ''If your bored we can escort you to the backyard.'' The twin sat up excited.

Backyard? they both thought

A garden?

Outside?!

''We wanna go!'' The twins yelled before heading outside. ''It's so beautiful! It's filled with flowers I've never seen before!'' Arienne exclaims in awe of all the plants and flowers. ''Rurahelle's garden was nothing compared to this.'' Arhen observes also looking at all the different arrangements of flowers. I feel like I can breathe a little easier. Although there are still a lot of eyes watching us. ''Arienne let's make a flower crown.'' Arhen tells her.

Let's act like five-year-old children

''Ah okay'' Arienne responds. The twins sat on the grass making a flower crown. ''Do you think yellow or pink flowers?'' Arienne asks her brother. 

Arhen.

''Pink.'' He responds.

Yeah?

''Let's put this flower here?'' She says putting the flower in place.

Are they still watching us?

''Alright.''

They haven't even blinked.

Ugh If they're going to let us play, can't they just give us some space? ''Wow~It's so pretty~!'' Arienne exclaims trying to seem convincing even though they were secretly both proud of their work. ''Yeah~!'' Arhen agrees. Even if you weren't watching us, we don't have the strength to flee from this place, you know? It's making me really uncomfortable. Is there any way to escape from...

''What are you two doing here?'' A voice asks and the twins look to see a familiar man. ''Looks like you're having fun.'' He says again. It's definitely the noble from back then but he's blond?! That means 

''Let me properly introduce myself this time. I am the second prince of the Yuriana Empire, Alexander Eugene Yuriana.'' Alexander tells the twins kneeling on the grass to be closer to their height as they were sitting on the ground. ''Your highness! A pure-blooded royal shouldn't kneel down.'' A maid pipes up. Alexander turns his head and glares at them making them flinch. ''Backup all of you. You're disturbing them, can't you see their playing?'' He says dangerously. ''Yes, your highness.'' They say and back off.  

I'm glad the servants are gone, but now it's the second prince. ''You did a great job.'' Alexander praises looking at the flower crown.

Arienne.

Yeah?

I thought the second prince was supposed to be ten years old..

''WHAT?!'' Arienne shouts startling the second prince. ''What's the matter?'' He asks. ''Ah, oh it's nothing.'' Arienne tries to cover. ''You're finally talking to me.'' He says again. Ten years old? How?! Is this also one of the royal powers? Come to think of it, I do remember that there wasn't a huge age gap between us..

''Arhen, Arienne. How does it feel to in the beautiful palace that you spoke of?'' Alexander asked them. I thought this before but why is he paying so much attention to us? In all honesty,  from the viewpoint of the Prince, it would be fine if he chose to just ignore illegitimate children like us. Could it simply be of curiosity? Is he eager to know about the siblings that suddenly showed up one morning? Or maybe because we're strangers that entered his territory? ''I hope you like this place.'' Alexander tells them. ''About my name, can you just call me Alec? Since we're family, I'd like it if you called by my nickname.'' Alec tells them

Family. This person doesn't know how sensitive we are about that word. ''Can you also tell me your nicknames?'' Alec asks them. ''We don't have any.'' Arienne told him. There's no way we'd have nicknames other than bub or baby which is what Lucia called us. ''You don't need any because your names are already pretty, huh?'' Alec tries to ease the tension. ''Did you know? My brother's and I were all named by our mother, but you're the only ones who were named by our father.'' Alec tells the twins. ''Yes..'' Arienne tells him. What does it even matter? He probably did it on a whim. If he actually thought of us as family, then why did he neglect us for five years? Why did he leave us in the hands of Rurahelle....?!

''?!Ack..!!!'' She squeals gripping her hand. ''Arienne.'' Arhen exclaims panicked. ''My hand!'' She says opening her fist to show some sort of sting on her palm. ''Looks like you were stung by a bug on the flowers. Let me heal you, come here.'' Alec says gently taking her hand. Alec took notice of something on the small girls wrist. ''What's this?'' He asks. He pulls her arm standing at full height taking her with him making her cry out. ''Let go of Arienne!'' Arhen yells. What's the matter with him? ''Arienne.'' Arhen exclaims. First the Emperor and now the second prince... why do they touch us, stare at us, and get startled by us as they please? ''What...happened to your arm?'' He asks.

''ALEXANDER.''