Ch 30 - Make your Choice

[ ... ]
[ Empty Streets of Inazuma ]

"So, Did you pick your variant yet?"

Lumine tilted her head as she walked alongside with (Y/N) "Pick... my variant?" He nodded "You know... like the Offense variant which I highly recommend for you!" He looked at her with a smirk "I really do, because we can... abuse certain things"

"huh...? abuse...?" Lumine began to give him a weird look "Yeah! its like... uh... Alright, i learned this from Lisa. So!" He stopped and faced her "Say, what would happen if you... put Electro near pyro?" 

"It... explodes?" He snapped his fingers "Exactly! now think that... but continuously!" 

"Isn't that... dangerous?"

"Not when you have me by your side to continuously buff you!" He proudly stood in front of her with a smile "so pick The offense Variant."

"How?"

"Easy! Just open your palm like this and think about the blue magical rectangle!" He opened his palm, Lumine tied to copy him and within a few seconds...

| Lumine LV 20 ( Variant : Undefined ) |
ATK: 0
MANA: 11 ↑0.1
DEF: 4
SPD: 2

                                                      +ADV. Stat

| Skills |

[ None ]

[ Variant Class available for selection... ]

"...eh?" Lumine looked at the box in surprise "Now, I can't really see what's your. So if you see something like class available, you press on it! Like a smartphone!"

"Su....mart pon?" Lumine tilted her head, that's a word she hasn't heard before... "...i forgot that doesn't exist here.... Alright I'll add that to the revolutionized list! So so! You just tap on it! And then pick Offense!"

Lumine slowly tapped the option on the bottom of the list...

[ Warning: Picking a Variant will lock you out on various Skills of the opposing Variant.

...

Error detected... , 'Traveller' Variant has been forcefully picked ]

"After you tap on it, Three Variants would show! There'll be Offense, Defense, and then Support! I highly suggest you pick Offense but feel free to pick Defense as well! I can't abuse the system if you pick support tho-"

"I... Uh...." Lumine looked at him confused "it said Traveller Variant has been forcefully picked..."

(Y/N) stood there, not continuing his sentence before he let out a huge sigh "There goes my abuse methods..." He turned around in defeat and began walking forwa-

"Wait, Forcefully picked???" He immediately dashed in front of Lumine "Whaddya mean forcefully?!" Lumine quickly shook her head "I don't know! It just said that!"

"Damnit... That's a new discovery for sure... Alright quick, tell me your skills! Surely one of them has changed right?!?!" Lumine looked again "N-nothing..."

..

...

...