chapter 1

"Derek," I said in a sing-songing voice. I looked at the sleeping man, running my hands along his arm.
     "Stop," he grumbled, slapping my arm away. I put it back, smiling.
     "Wake up, sleepy head. It's time for school," I whispered, placing my hands in his short hair. He opened his eyes slightly. Slowly.
     "I'm 19, I don't have school anymore," he murmered, confused. I smiled, and placed my hands back on his arm.
     "Nope. I do. Get up!" I laughed, shaking Derek. He grumbled again, trying to get me off him. Suddenly, brown claws extended from the sturdy hands gripping me. Blood trickled out of my arm, making me frown as it fell onto my clothes.
     Derek immediately took his hand away. "Sorry," he murmered.
     "Wow, Derek Hale saying sorry? You owe me a new shirt. This one was perfect for the first day!" I growled, watching as the small wound healed in a few seconds.
     "Use one of my shirts. They fit you," he yawned, rubbing his eyes. The dark room felt even darker as I closed my eyes.
     "Fine." I sighed, walking to his pathetic wardrobe. "You need some color in here."
     "There's some blue in there somewhere," he said, stepping up beside me. I grabbed a gray shirt and threw it at his face. He smiled.
     "I'll take you shopping after school today if you make one friend," he said, slipping the gray shirt over his head.
     "Why should I make a friend if you don't have any?" I inquired, side-eyeing him. He smirked.
     "I'm 19, I don't have to have friends," He justified, pulling a blue shirt out of his dresser and handing it to me. I took it angrily and stared at him.
     I put my hand up and motioned in a circle. He rolled his eyes and twisted so his back faced me. I slipped off the shirt that was stained with blood, leaving only my bra to protect my bare skin, and slipped on the blue one. My short brown hair easily fell out of the neck.
     "You can turn back now," I said, fixing my hair in the broken mirror above his dresser. He turned back to me.
     I fixed my smudged lipstick and the shirt and followed him out of the burnt wood room and down the stairs.
     "You're lunch is in the fridge. Make sure to close it, you know how it is. Don't forget your bag by the door, I'll be out in the car," Derek said, walking out of the red door.
     "The fridge still works?" I asked, walking into the black kitchen and opening the fridge. It hummed a sound of annoyance and I grabbed my lunch and slammed it closed. Instead of closing, it squeaked right open. I growled at it and shut it slowly.
     I turned around and walked towards the door and grabbed my school bag quickly before running to the black car.
     "Thanks for driving me to school," I murmered, putting the brown sack of food in my mouth while climbing into the front seat. I closed the door and situated everything.
     "Im not doing this again. You're gonna have to learn how to drive," he grumbled, starting the car. It rumbled to life and slid out into the woods.
     "Well, if you taught me, maybe I would be able to drive," I mumbled through the bag as I slipped my small phone into one of the side pockets. I opened a pocket and placed the wrinkling bag in there.
     He smirked and drove quickly.