chapter 2

I opened the car door and stared at the big brick building. My first day as a Sophmore at Beacon Hills High school. I turned back to the car and grabbed my backpack.
     "Bye!" Derek said, waving his hand. I rolled my eyes and smiled.
     "Bye," I replied, slamming the door shut. I slung my backpack over my shoulder and made way for the sidewalk. The window squeaked down slightly.
     "Have fun!" Derek called before driving off. I rolled my eyes again and walked along the baige sidewalk, kicking loose stones.
     I looked at the stairs and rolled my eyes for what felt like the millionth time today, even though its only 8. I stepped onto the first step when arms wrapped around my legs, lifting me from the ground.
     "Ah!" I yelped, immediately wrapping my arms around the stranger.
     "For a woman so strong, you sure get scared easily," a familiar voice rumbled with a laugh. I looked up into the face of my bestfriend, Isaac. I rolled my eyes as he sat me down.
     I let go of his neck and fixed my hair a little. He held my hand as we slunked up the steps.
     I looked at the doors and loomed at Isaac. He let go of my hand and pushed open the door into the loud hallways. I pushed my hands over my ears as we walked to our lockers which were right next to each other.
     He opens his locker and stuffs his stuff in there. He opened the big pocket of his backpack and stuffed his hand into it. I removed my hands from my ears to open my locker.
     The blue locker screeched open and a whiff of rotten coabage reached my nostrils. I closed the locker so fast, that from a glance, it looked like I didn't move. I caughed and looked to Isaac who was still digging through his bag.
     He finally pulled out a small can of fabreeze and two tiny things. Earplugs! I looked at him with a smile.
     "Thanks, Isaac!" I said as he handed them to me. He smiles. I've told him about my 'sensitive ears' and my 'strong nose' but I haven't told him about me being a warewolf yet. I know I should, but, I can't really tell who to trust. That's why I wait for Derek to help me.
      I open the locker again, holding my breath as I sprayed fabreeze into the foul-smelling locker. I breathed in the pumkin spice smell and smiled. My favorite.
     I set my books in my neewly smelled locker with a smile. I looked back as Isaac as I slipped my backpack back over my shoulder.
     "So who's your next class?" I ask. He opened his mouth but paused, pointing a finger to the ceiling. I lifted my hands to my ears and placed the small black ear plugs in my ears.
     The bell rang, muffled by the earplugs but not by a lot. I closed my eyes in pain. It stopped and I opened my eyes again. Isaac's hands were on my ears, his smile reassuring me.
     He slipped out the earplugs and placed them into my held out hand.
     "History. You?" He asked, shutting the locker. He slung his backpack over his shoulder.
     "Econ. I think. I don't really care, though," I mutter, shutting the locker with a bang. We started walking towards History, since it was closer, and talked.
     "You should care. You need good grades, or your uncle will get mad," he said, rubbing the back of his neck. I smiled a little.
     "My uncle's not like your dad, Isaac," I grumble, picturing me snapping his dad's neck, Derek beside me with a smile.
      He shakes his head and shrugs. "Well, this is me, buy, Liz," he says, swerving into the history room. I smiled at him before continuing to the Econ room.
     "Lizzie Caltech?" I stopped, looking around until I looked into a room. The teacher was calling roll. I smirked and walked in, straight posture.
     "Here," I mutter, sitting in a seat next to some other kids in the back.
     "So nice of you to grace us with your presence," the teacher grumbled, making a few kids chuckle.
     "My honor, really, Mr. Harrison," I replied quickly. A few other kids chuckled, making me smile. He rolls his eyes. He continues with roll.
     "Scott McCall?" He asks, looking up. He raises his hand.
     "Here!" He calls. Harrison nods and looks back at his paper.
      "And Stiles Stilinski?"
      "Here! Here, sir, I'm here!" He says, running into the room, books dropping out of his arms. Is tood up and rushed over to the young man. I picked up some of his books and followed him as he walked to his desk.
     "Oh, look, a lost puppy," a kid cat-calls. I glare at him, setting the books on the man's desk.
      "At least I'm a decent human being who will actually help someone who needs help, unlike you ungrateful snobs," I fire back. I get a whoop of approval before I walk back to my desk.
      "As much as we appreciate your attitude, ms. Caltech, but please save it till the end of school," Mr. Harrison says. Kids chuckle and I smile.
     I sit through class doodling until a tall man enters the big classroom. A young woman entered behind him.
      The tall man whispers something to Mr. Harrison and he nods.
      "Class, welcome a new student, Allison Argent," Mr. Harrison announces. I lean forward, intrest clear on my face.
      She smiles and sits down in her seat behind Scott. He turns and hands her a pen. She smiles and hesitantly takes it.
     "Thanks," she says before looking down. I narrow my eyes and lean back, loosing intrest. I started to doodle again.
¤
¤
¤
     I stepped out onto the concrete of the school, ready for the day to be over. I looked around, and with no luck, I sat down on a green bench.
     When is Derek never late? Never. That's when. I rolled my eyes and dug into my bag, looking for my flashcards.
     "Hey, stranger," Isaac said, stopping in front of me. I looked up and smiled, pulling out my flashcards.
     "Hey. Do you think I could pull off pretending to be sick for the chem test?" I ask, moving my backpack. He sits down next to me.
      "Nope. Your uncle can't bail you out again, remember? He said, 'I can't bail you out anymore, Liz. I can't, you know this'." He grumbles, imitating Derek perfectly. I roll my eyes.
      At that instance, Derek's car pulled up. I pick up my bag.
     "That's my ride. Thanks for the amazing advice, Isaac," I mumble, standing up.
      "Your welcome, Liz," He calls as I open the door. My butt reaches the seat as I close the door.