A2O-2

A loud and scared scream woke Jungwon up from his deep slumber. He can hear the shower running in the bathroom and Ni-ki's incoherent cursing.

“Everything's fine there, Ni-ki?” Jungwon asked, although already knowing the cause of Ni-ki's sudden reaction.

“I hate this soulmate thing,” Ni-ki said.

It's been three days. Ni-ki was able to break three cups, two plates and four eggs. He slipped on the bathroom once and Jungwon was sure they'll be receiving noise complaints later because of Ni-ki's sudden screams every time he's startled.

The sudden voice appearing in Ni-ki's mind never fails to startle him. It's been three days and Ni-ki isn't able to get used to it, yet.

Yep, I'm good, I'm cute, I'm irresistible,” Ni-ki chants as he walks out the bathroom with only a towel wrapped on his lower body.

“That's so narcissistic,” Jungwon commented as he climbed down on his bed.

“My soulmate is a narcissist,” Ni-ki rolled his eyes. “I think he's been complimenting himself every time he can see his reflection, and that's like, every minute.”

Jungwon laughs. “What if he's actually cute and irresistible?”

“Good for him, he's not born a liar,” Ni-ki shrugged as Jungwon only laughed.

Oh, I'm very pretty~” Ni-ki sing-songs, repeating the same exact word he hears inside his head. “And handsome, and cute. Irresistibly cute!

“I can't wait to turn eighteen next year and tell you to shut up,” Ni-ki speaks again, glaring at his reflection on the mirror.  “You're very noisy, shut up.”

Jungwon only shakes his head, finding Ni-ki's gesture a little too cute. Thankfully, Jungwon's soulmate isn't as annoying as Ni-ki's soulmate. Or at least, he just couldn't understand half of the things he says.

+++

Sunoo stared at his reflection in the mirror, smiling and posing in different poses to boost his self-confidence.

He often received negative comments about the way he portrays himself. It's his body, his life and his appearance. He knew it more than anybody else and their comments are just comments. Sunoo learned to appreciate himself through the help of his friends.

“Yep, I'm good, I'm cute, I'm irresistible.”

Sunoo turns around.

“We are called to the blue room, the evaluation will start by 10,” their batch leader says.

Everyone in their practice room stopped whatever they are currently doing and started preparing for their performance. Sunoo only picks up his bag and follows their dance leader outside.

He's confident he can pull off his performance close to perfection, if not perfect. This will be his last chance so Sunoo made sure to give it his best. He should not regret anything, whatever the result will be.

When they reached the fourth floor of the building, where there's a large waiting space before the blue room, Sunoo started feeling nervous.