Chapter 2

It was very dark. There was a lake. There were rough vines and   crackling branches. The water in the lake was burbling. There were screams coming from the lake. The flashes in her nightmare made Jennie scream and she woke up. The flashes gave her chills all over her body.

She was sitting on her bed. Dim light of early morning was coming from the window. There was canvas before the window. She stood up and went toward the canvas. She sat on the chair which was placed before the empty canvas.

She stared at the empty canvas for a while then her hand moved toward the brush. She held the brush and her hand started shivering. She tried to tightened her grip but the brush fell on the floor. She collapsed into sobbing with pain and fear. She didn't go to the museum that day.

Next day, She went to the museum. She entered the Nicholas Castle wearing mustard colour long coat with heels and a black hat.She stepped toward the first painting in the middle and her heels echoed. She stood in front of it for a while. Then her eyes looked for canvas with the number '2'.
She found it quickly because Neil was standing before it.

She walked toward it and stood beside him.She looked at the painting. There was girl locked up in the chains in a cave. The monster was looking at her with his blue sparkling eyes. He was covered in blood and the girl was unconscious.

"What happened...did he kill her already?" She asked.

"I was waiting..for you..." Neil spoke.

"I was looking at the first canvas again..." Jennie took her hat off.

"I have been waiting for a long time...You didn't came yeaterday?" He looked at her and asked.

"I was little sick.." She replied without looking at him. Neil moved his gaze back to the painting.

"How are you know..."

"I am good..By the way how old are these paintings?"

"About 1000 years old~"

"So there story has been living for 1000 years..what happened here" Jennie pointed toward the painting.

"Prince warned Bella to not tell anyone that he can speak.

'No one should know this unless you want to see your deathbed!'

'King will be very happy to know my lord...you should tell him yourself'

'No!' Nicholas looked into her eyes and scared her with flashing blue eyes."

"So her name was Bella...did she tell anyone...wasn't she scared of him" Jennie asked.

"She was scared but she looked straight into his blue eyes and tried hiding her fear..." Neil continued,
"He stumbled and stepped back hiding his eyes.
'My lord..I don't want punishment...So don't tell anyone that I knew you can speak'

'Why would I tell anyone...' Nicholas got irritated.

'Now that you can speak..you're talking too much...Everyone will end up finding out My lord~'

Suddenly Nicholas placed his finger on her lips and looked around,
'Shhhh..'

'Wha..' Before she could say something Nicholas grabbed her hand and took her to a hideout."

"Was he going to lock her up??" Jennie looked at Neil with shock.
Neil smirked,

"No...Someone was spying..Nicholas caught that very late" He replied.

"Oh~"

"Nicholas knew Bella was in grave danger. But if he tried protecting her king would punish her severely.
'Don't come back to palace...Just go as far away as you can!!'

'But..My lord...What about you~'
Bella was trembling with fear but still managed to speak.

'What about me? I am Monster no one would harm me..' He grabbed her arm and his nails started growing. His eyes turned flashing and his body started turning into a beast. Bella got frightened. She could hardly breath,

'You're... not a monster!'

He got furious. He grabbed her hairs and bent toward her neck.An icy current went up and down her body.She closed her eyes. He opened his mouth to bite her neck but caught a sight of her face.He gradually let go of her hand and her hairs. He disappeared.

Nicholas wasn't aware that king's people knew about this hideout. Before Bella could run away,She was caught by the royal guards. She was sent to the beast cave to be sacrificed."

"Sacrifice! But why!"
Jennie looked at Neil.

"Beasts were immortals beings. There was a ritual to sacrifice the girls to the sacred lake. Sacrifice saved the kingdom from the supernatural enemies."

"Was Nicholas immortal? That means he might be alive today too~Where is this kingdom?" Jennie asked.

"He might be alive if the story is fact~" Neil replied.

"I thought it was real..." Jennie wore her hat and looked down.
Neil smirked and continued,

"Nicholas found out that she was held captive. He went to the king but king refused to let her go. Bella was held captive in the cave thats in the painting. They tortured her. When the king didn't listened to Nicholas, he went himself to save her. It was a night of terror. That night Nicholas killed all the beasts that came his way. He reached the cave filled with blood.He broke the chains and picked Bella up. He took her to deep in the woods"

"Finally he saved her~" Jennie spoke.

"Yup~but it was last time he could save her..."
Neil spoke while looking down.

"About the lake thing...is it real?"

"Why?"

"I had a dre..No nothing~"

"You can tell me..."

"Its strange I had a dream about a lake and heared horrible screams from it~When you mentioned the sacred lake I had the vision..." Jennie hesitated but ended up telling him.

"Oh~there is a lake at the back of real palace. It is said to be sacred lake but it is just a normal lake..Nothing scary..." Neil replied.

"We should go there someday..." Jennie smiled.

"Okay~"