Chapter One: Halloween 2018

1978 was the year famous director John Carpenter released his iconic slasher classic, HALLOWEEN. The tale of a masked killer going on a killing spree against teenage babysitters on Halloween night in the small town of Haddonfield.

After decades of terrible sequels, remakes, and attempted resuscitation of the killer's universe it was 2018 where the franchise came back in a better revival than its predecessors.

HALLOWEEN 2018 was the start of a new trilogy for Michael Myers but after 2018 the sequels went downhill in quality, storytelling, and especially reviews. A terrible fall from grace cursed by many horror movie franchises.

However, I wanted to give my own ideas on how the story could've been better about the return of The Shape himself.

Let's start with HALLOWEEN 2018.

Also spoilers for a trilogy I guess.

*DON'T CROSS THIS LINE FOR SPOILERS!*

Personally I liked the beginning of the film, with it's various close up shots around the sanitarium Micheal has been locked away from the world for over 40 years. Gives you a good atmosphere of the environment he's locked inside of but this is where I'd make changes.

The two podcasters who are trying to fruitlessly interview Micheal Myers aren't given much information about themselves. We don't know how big their podcast is whether small or large and they go to the deceased sister Myers grave which wasn't necessary but rather to show a character that was gonna die in the next film.

I'd keep that sanitarium yard scene as it shows Michael's mask being a symbol of evil that affects everyone else around it as the unhinged inmates and even a dog start going crazy in its presence.

Without his mask Michael is stoic, emotionless, looking human but doesn't feel remotely human rather an idle killing machine waiting for a chance to escape and kill again.

After the bus crash I think the Haddonfield police shouldn't feel too concerned about Micheal, having them underestimate him since he's now an old man who's just been rotting away for decades not realizing the horror he can unleash upon the town again.

Laurie's character will be the same along with her daughter, son-in-law, and her granddaughter Madison.

Another thing I'd change is not having Laurie being the only one who feels haunted by Micheal's attack on Halloween night years ago as shown in Halloween Kills several of the kids and the nurse who worked alongside Dr.Loomis all had their difficulties moving on from the boogyman's trauma inflicted on them.

Most of the film I'd still keep so I'll move on to when Michael attacks the podcasters in the gas station.

I'd keep the guy podcaster in a comatose state, miraculously surviving Micheal's onslaught against him and save him for the sequels as Michael gets his mask back and goes back to Haddonfield for his massacre.

Another thing I'd change is Madison not having her phone. Her ex-boyfriend dumping it into food felt unnecessary and her phone simply getting lost in the prom is enough.

I wouldn't have Micheal's mad doctor put on his mask and not have Officer Hawkins shown dead here rather wounded as the doctor takes off with Michael and Madison.

The rest of the film will go as follows, I think it only needed minor changes to improve the story.

This concludes my version of Halloween 2018.