Chapter Twelve: Looking Up

"Mikey!" Raph called again, cupping his hands around his mouth. He felt a shudder run through his body, his breath coming in and out too fast. His palms were slick with sweat so he dropped them down to his chest to fiddle with them nervously, still wildly looking around until he felt dizzy enough to throw up.

"Raph," a voice said, a hand grabbing his shoulder. The sensation gave him something to latch onto, grounding him. "It's okay, I'm sure he's just blocked from view by all of these yokai," Donnie continued, his voice low. "Look."

His brother held up his arm, his usual purple holographic screen floating in place. As Raph squinted at it, he made out a bright purple and red dot, with an orange one close by, all surrounded by squiggles. It took him a moment of staring at it blankly, waiting for something to make sense, before he finally managed to piece it together.

"That's... a map?" Raph swallowed, struggling to get his breathing back under control. "With us?"

The second eldest nodded. "Yeah, and I set it to beep if anyone went more than a hundred feet away from the others. See? Mikey's coming back right now." Donnie frowned, lowering his forearm so he could get a closer look at it. "Just really... fast...? Huh, that's... peculiar." The purple-clad turtle squinted at the screen as Raph looked up, the buzz of the crowd spitting out what seemed to be the last part of his name.

"Donnie!" Mikey's voice called out again. "Raph!"

Raph finally spotted Mikey, the small turtle turning sideways as he was running to squeeze in between two yokai before continuing to sprint towards them, arms pumping as he pushed himself to go faster.

He skidded to a halt in front of them, already moving again, gasping out their names in panicked breaths as he reached for Raph's arms, pulling him, tugging him, feet braced against the ground as he tried to move Raph entirely by force. "Raph, come on, we gotta- you need to see-"

"Whoah, Mikey?" Raph let himself be pulled, the smaller turtle leaning against his weight as he tried to make faster headway. Raph stumbled slightly; it was an awkward way to move when he didn't know where exactly Mikey was trying to take him, never mind the fact that he didn't want to accidentally step on Mikey's feet. "What- what is it?"

"You need to see!" Mikey shouted, not dropping his volume at all even though he was right next to them.

Raph turned to look at Donnie, puzzled, and the purple turtle blinked back at him right before both older brothers felt the moment the same thought hit them, a long-lost puzzle piece clicking into place.

No. No, Raph couldn't get his hopes up again, not after three weeks of nothing-

"Michael," Donnie started, voice tight, measured. "Did you find-"

"Leo!" the box turtle managed to gasp out. Raph and Donnie stiffened. "I- I saw-"

"Where?"

A shaking arm pointed. "Over- in the bar-"

Mikey didn't get to finish before Raph scooped him up with one hand, placing him onto his shell before taking the lead in the direction that Mikey had indicated. It was straight through the crowd of yokai but Raph paid them no heed, plowing straight through them like they weren't even there. As yokai dove to the left and right, cussing Raph out, he could see Donnie in the corner of his eye following in the gap left behind them.

Raph slid to a halt in front of the bar, craning his neck as he looked around. There were only a few patrons, two talking in a corner and one drinking by the counter, where another yokai waited on him. No Leo. There was a bunch of... televisions, but not quite the same as what Raph knew as such, and even more of those vision orbs that the yokai seemed to prefer everywhere. A bunch of trampled papers were on the ground. No Leo.