24. Our Fate

''It is our fate, I think, to crave always what is given to another. If one possesses a thing, the other will take it away." Helaena remarked.

'' Yes, Princess.'' The handmaiden agreed, she sat next to the babe as the door opened. Helaena looked back to her need point.

''Where is Aegon?'' otto demanded looking around.

''N-Not here.' Helaena answered as though Aegon was ever with her.

''He's not in his rooms.'' Alicent informed her. Otto marched back out "Father." Alicent called after him but he didn't stop.

''What's happened?' Helaena asked and Alicent sat next to her.

''Your father...'' Alicent began.

''There is a beast beneath the boards.'' Helaena hissed.

''Oh, my dearest love.'' Alicent said hugging her.

+

"Oh..." Uri didn't have any words, their smiles gone as Aemond was told of the news of his fathers passing. Uri held to his hand. He only nodded, keeping hold of her as they walked. "I'm sorry Aemond.' Uri whispered.

"He was sick for a while." Aemond told her.

"I'm still sorry. He seemed nice." Uri remarked her brief meeting at a very awkward family dinner.

"I think he liked you." Aemond remarked smiling down at her.

"Yeah?" Uri questioned.

"I think that look in his eye said, marry that magical fairy and make her your queen." Aemond informed her and Uri chuckled blushing as she leaned into him.

"All that from a look?" Uri teased.

"It's his lack of eye." Aemond agreed. "We can read each others minds."

"I like you read my mind." Uri remarked.

"did I?" Aemond countered.

"Fucking on a dragon." She whispered. "That is definitely a bucket list item I didn't even know I needed in my life." Uri explained and Aemond couldn't help it, he kissed her in the middle of the halls for any and all to see.

+

''Ser Erryk.'' Otto remarked walking up to him in the gallery sharpening his blade. ''Where's the Prince?''

''Forgive me, Lord Hand. I do not know.'' Erryk admitted rising before him.

''But you're sworn to protect him.'' Oto reminded

''He exploits his authority to order me away, and then he evades me, my Lord." Erryk answered

''I believe he may have left the Keep secretly, gone into the city. Find him.'' Otto instructed and Erryk nodded immediately. 'Take no one else but your brother. And remove your white cloaks. None can know who you are or what you seek... including the Queen."

" My Lord." Erryk agreed

''Bring him to me, and me alone, Ser Erryk.''

+

Rhaenys moved to her door only to find it locked. She pulled and pulled to no avail.

''What is the meaning of this?'' she shouted before running to the window to see the people being herded out of the keep.

"Guard. Guard!" Rhaenys demanded. But no one came.

+

"NO this is like a family thing." Uri said digging her heels in. "I think I should hide in your bed."

"Come on. I want you with me." Aemond assured.

"But, she just lost her husband and I don't think she liked me last night." Uri reasoned.

"I'm not taking no for an answer." Aemond told her and Uri nodded slowly as the door open and Alicent stared back at Uri.

"I'm so sorry for your loss, your majesty." Uri said when Aemond brought her with to his mothers chambers.

"Thank... you..." Alicent said slowly. "What are you-"

"I'm courting her mother." Aemond informed her and Uri mouthed 'courting?' with a smirk.

"Are you?" Alicent said through a huff.

"I can go." Uri assured. "I should go.' But Aemond kept a tight hold on her.

"Would you rather me be like Aegon? Or find a woman to which I love and will be faithful to." Aemon offered and Alicent stared at him a moment before Aemond led Uri to the fire place. It was cold, the flames long gone.

"Aegon is missing." Alicent informed him. "Gods knows where he is in this blasted place." Aemond nodded to the fire and Uri flicked out a hand lighting it, Alicent wasn't paying attention as the room got significantly warmer. "He is missing and... how are you?"

"Father is dead. Aegon is missing. I'm fine mother." Aemond told her and Uri leaned into him. "I have Uri." He whispered kissing her head.

"Aegon is to be king." Aemond assured this much. "Viserys told me with his dying breath." Alicent declared. 

"Sounds like something out of a novel." Uri whispered. 

"He is to be king and he has fled!" Alicent hissed. 

"Travesty." Aemond added sighing into Uri. 

"I can't believe him so foolish. He will wear the crown. he had to. He has to." Alicent decided more for herself than Aegon's benefit. 

"What happens if he doesnt want it?" Uri asked feeling stupid that she didnt know. 

"He has to." Alicent hissed as Criston came into the room.

''Prince Aegon's not to be found within the castle walls, Your Grace." Criston informed Alicent. "Your father has sent Ser Erryk into the city to find him. Ser Erryk knows Aegon. He has the advantage." Criston remarked and Alicent nodded.

"I trust again to you, Ser Criston, and to your loyalty." Alicent told him and Criston nodded. "Aegon must be found, and he must be brought to me. The very fate of the Seven Kingdoms depends on it." Alicnet instructed. Criston nodded. ''Everything you feel for me... as your Queen." Alicent whispered bringing her face closer to his.

''I will not fail you.'' Criston assured.

"I'll come with you." Aemond said getting up.

''That would not be my desire, Aemond.'' Alicent told him honestly. ''If anything has happened...''

''Cole needs me, Mother. Ser Erryk isn't the only one who knows Aegon's doings.'' Aemond reminded her.

"Me too!" Uri exclaimed jumping up.