30. Like I Do

''Here you are." Rhaenyra remarked coming up to Luke.

"The sea snake is going to die, isn't he?" Luke questioned turning to her nervously.

'Luke.'

''I can't be Lord of the Tides. Grandsire was the greatest sailor who ever lived. I get green sick before the ship even leaves the harbour." Luke reminded her nervously. ''I'll just ruin everything. I don't want Driftmark. It should have passed on to surveyman.'' Luke begged

''We don't choose our destiny, Luke. It chooses us.'' Rhaenyra reminded him gently.

''Grandsire, let you choose whether you be as a... You told us so." Luke reminded her holding back a sob. Corlys had been found but he was a mess, beaten by the seas, no one expected him to live.

"And do you want to know the truth of it?" Rhaenyra questioned him ''I was frightened. I was four and ten. Same as you are now. I wasn't ready to be queen of the Seven Kingdoms. But it was my duty, and in time I came to understand I had to earn my inheritance." Rhaenyra reminded him, she knew her time was coming when she last saw her father he was fading fast, the crown would be hers soon enough.

''I'm not like you.'' Luke whimpered

''In what way, sweet boy?''

''Not so... perfect.'' Luke informed her, sad eyes stared up at her.

''I am anything but..." Rhaenyra assured. ''My father looked after me and helped prepare me for my duties. Your mother will do the same for you." Rhaenyra assured her son, pressing a gentle kiss to his head.

''Good morrow, Princess.'' She turned to the door, taking a step away from Luke.

"Good morrow, Sir Laurent." She answered

''Princess Rhaenys has just arrived on Dragon back. We urgently request an audience with you and Prince Daemon.'' He informed her and she sucked in a deep breath. That couldn't mean anything good. ''The Princess Rhaenys Targaryen.'' He announced as Rhaenyra and Daemon stood waiting for her.

''Thank you, Sir Laurence.... Princess Rhaenys, might we hope for news of Lord Corlys's recovery?" Rhaenyra said hopefully.

"Viserys is dead." Rhaenys informed her bluntly. Rhaenyra stared back at her, she didn't expect this news, not right now. ''I grieve this loss with you, Rhaenyra. My cousin. Your father. Possessed a kind heart." Rhaenyra looked to Daemon letting out a shaky breath. ''There is more.'' She turned her gaze back to Rhaenys as Rhaenys got closer, her steps slow but precise. ''Aegon has been crowned as his successor. They crowned him."

"How did Viserys die?"

"I could not say." Rhaenys admitted

''How long ago?'

''A day past, perhaps two. I was made a prisoner in my quarters while the Queen made her preparations." Rhaenys informed them. '' Viserys has been slain.'' Rhaenys repeated slowly for them to process.

"Alicent demanded you declare for Aegon." Rhaenyra remarked.

"She did.' Rhaenys agreed. ''I refused her.'

''And yet you are alive.'' Daemon mused unconvinced of her loyalty.

''The High Septon crowned Aegon in the Dragonpit. I witnessed it myself just before I fled on Maelys. They crowned him before the masses. So that the masses would see him as their rightful king." Rhaenys informed them.

''That whοre of a queen murdered my brother and stole his throne, and you could have burned more for it." Daemon spat.

"That is not all." Rhaenys went on. 

"What?" Dameon spat. 

"They had a woman... she controlled a flame." Rhaenys told them. 

"What?" Rhaenyra questioned confused. 

"Little red head, when I came in with Maelys I saw her summon fire from her own hands." Rhaenys informed them and Daemon and Rhaenyra shared a worried look. 

"Lord of light, a witch?" Rhaenyra offered. 

"She wasnt scared. She wasnt Targaryen. I don't remember seeing her-"

"Uri." Rhaenyra recalled. "Aemond's friend."

"She is dangerous and Alicent has her on her side." Rhaenys warned. "There was no fear, only fury as her hand caught flame."

"Alicent got a witch." Daemon huffed. 

"A war is like to be fought over this treachery, to be sure. But that war is not mine to begin. I only rushed this warning to you out of loyalty to my husband and to my house." Rhaenys informed them ''The greens are coming for you, Rhaenyra. And for your children. You should leave Dragonstone at once." Rhaenys told them as she headed out but Rhaenyra whimpered out and Rhaenys turned back to her. Daemon stared as she doubled over, pulling up her dress skirts and drawing back blood.

"Baby's coming.''

''Her term is far from complete. This should not be happening." The maester told the nurses.

"It is fucking happening!" Rhaenyra shouted back as she paced her room in her underdress. Blood smeared across it as she paced.

''Keep your head about you, Princess.''

''Come. You've done this five times before.''

''Keep your spirit in the sixth volume, different.'' They tried to help her, soothe her but Rhaenyra wasn't having it.

''Get off! Get off! Get off!'' Rhaenyra shouted throwing her hands in the air.

''I want patrols along the island's perimeter, looking for any small ships that might set ashore. If the Greens attack now, it will be by stealth, not directly." As Rhaenyra tried to deliver an early labor Daemon was taking charge, acting as King that he always wanted to be. He was going to strike, a war against the Greens. ''We don't have enough men to surround the island, but we can make ourselves appear stronger than they are.'' Daemon went on as his council stood around the map, nodding in agreement, Daemon was born for this. ''Conscript the Dragon Keepers, they're capable fighters, waste no time.''

''It will be done, my prince.''

Meanwhile in Alfea

''She cant just be gone!'' Silva shouted

''She did it she vanquished the burned ones jt was too much. There is no sign of her anywhere we looked people are still looking!''

''You dont know Uri like I do. She cant just be gone.'' Silva declared.

"I know she was friend but you should start coming to the realization that we are never getting Uri Dowling back."

"Ur is fire. Uri is the dragon flame. Uri can survive and adapt in any situation." Silva corrected. "Uri is a mastermind.'