34. Reunited

Lia was tired, but she was more tired of all the questions than she was physically tired.

Sure her night with Taehyung had left her body feeling cherished and spent, but the questions that Hobi had peppered her with that entire Tuesday made her feel the most exhausted. Hobi knew when he had woken up in Lia's bed the next morning - a bed with rose petals still strewn everywhere - that something had happened between her and Taehyung. That wasn't enough for Hobi's curious mind though. He seemed to want all the details from their date night. Lia tried to push him off the best she could. She couldn't focus on the love triangle she had placed herself in. She had more pressing matters at that moment. She was thankful when Wednesday came around, though Jin had questions of his own. His pertained more to where Lia was dragging him on Wednesday afternoon over her love life though for which she was grateful.

Walking down the sidewalk towards the part of town where Jin's grave was erected, Jin walked alongside her in his disguise. She could tell that he was confused as to where they were going. His head was turned away from her as he scanned the nearby buildings.

"Where are we going?" he asked for what felt like the hundredth time.

"You'll find out soon enough. Just trust me," she said a bit snappy, feeling badly about having done so immediately. She sighed as she looked over at Jin to see that he was facing her.

"Are you okay Lia? You've been acting off all day."

"I'm fine. I just have a lot on my plate."

"Maybe you shouldn't eat so much then."

Lia chuckled at Jin's attempt at joking.

"Seriously though, Lia. Is there something you need to talk about?"

"No. I'm sorry I snapped at you. I will be okay."

"Did something happen with one of the others?" asked Jin.

"Jin, I really do appreciate your concern but as I said, I'm fine."

"'I'm fine' is your mantra," said Jin, "So you're not, but I'll let it rest out of respect for you."

Lia appreciated that and fell silent as she walked alongside Jin. Soon the small cemetery that Lia had been at only a few days ago came into view across the street. She could see that Mr. Kim was already there, kneeling in front of Jin's grave to pre-weed the ground. Lia had convinced Mr. Kim to meet her at Jin's grave on Wednesday afternoon so she could help him plant some flowers around it. He seemed keen about the idea and agreed to it instantly, seeming to appreciate that someone took an interest in his son. This was the best plan that Lia could come up with in terms of reuniting Jin with his father. She figured it would be a secluded enough place. On the way to the grave, they had stopped at a flower shop. Lia let Jin pick out the flower that stood out to him the most. Jin had thoughtfully looked them over when Lia said it was for something important, picking out a beautiful purple one. Even though Lia didn't know the name of the plant, she didn't have to know it to appreciate its beauty.

"I want you to carry this," said Lia as she stopped short of the crosswalk.

Jin took the potted flower out of her hand.

"What are we doing with it?"

"You'll see," she said as she moved to grab one of his hands in her free one. Today might be the day where Jin's life changed forever.

As they crossed the crosswalk together, Lia looked over at Jin.

"Please don't say anything or take off your disguise until I tell you, okay?"

"You're making me nervous," said Jin with a slight chuckle.

"Don't be," she said. "I promise that this isn't anything bad."