9. A blood bond never lies

After life shows you that you don't matter, you usually have to find an outlet to fill the void in your heart and mind

Violence, sex, drinking, more hurting.

I used to believe that in this earth everything happens for a reason, and that is what usually kept me going.

Boy, I was wrong.

Now I only live with a purpose, revenge, I miss the days where I would laugh dusk to dawn, and I am happy I am able to laugh again with their help.

But when they leave...

I open the door of the room and the scent surrounding me brings tears to my eyes, to my left a simple wardrobe, a couch to my right and in front of me a bag lays on the ground.

Kneeling in front of it I let my hands do the work my brain refuses, the first thing that comes out is a sock, only one.

It was a gift from my mother, the first thing she got me when we discovered, everyone was so happy back then...

practically runing from the room I find myself again drowning in the alcohol, I lay on the couch and turn the TV on, connecting with my laptop I open the folder with the pictures and videos and let my heart hurt a little bit more.

If if doesn't hurt I forget my new purpose and I would stop existing.

A new video fills the screen, I look at all the smiles and the tears flow harder than ever.

"Happy birthday to you!!" Everyone is singing in union.

The big cake and the candle are decorated to perfection, we were always all in on birthdays, our favorite thing was to celebrate life, we just didn't know how right we were and how little time we would have.

"Happy birthday baby boy! Come to grandma, who is one year old today?!" My mom looks at the camera and smiles.

My life is a lie.

When we were kids we loved to make blood pact, it was so insane at a point that Gaia and Maddox had a blood pact that neither of them could eat a gummy bear without the other

Our parents that told us that blood pacts are sacred, and our little minds tough that they were fun, a needle, fingers and we were all set.

At the time we didn't really know the extent of it, the parents weren't worried about us but about her.

Our vampire blood mixed with hers would make her stronger, but also creat a bond, one that we definitely felt back then.

And know that she is back and spending time with us it's getting stronger each day.

The past two weeks were great, she would come over or we would go to her apartment, we would play, watch movies, talk and all this shit.

The pull to be close to her again it's drowning us, we can't concentrate with work, it's like a part of us is always floating away.

Her emotions are all over the place, we grow used to it, but now it's a foreign thing to feel after all this time.

I don't have to look at my friends to know this wave of sadness struck them too.

Alexander it's the first to get up, he pick up his keys and look at us.

"Are you coming?"

We pile into the car, I go shotgun and turn the radio on, hoping this can take my mind off of this dark place she is pushing us into without realizing.

The back keys- tighen up starts and we all smile.

She loves this one.

The short trip it's nothing like I expected, we sing along with the songs like we were kids again.

We always felt like something was missing in our friendship, and I guess we were right in a way, we weren't complete.

We couldn't function right without her here, she was a glue to us.

Now that she is back we are coming back to old ways, and even tough I still resent a lot of things about Gaia, I can't deny that I am happy, my friends are happy.

Parking outside her building we got out of the car and got hit with another wave of sadness now that we are close enough.

We go up the stairs and halt in front of her door, I get ready to knock when Maddox notices that is open.

Entering the living room the smell of alcohol is strong, an empty bottle of absinthe sits on the table and other one with half it's liquid lays in front of the couch where Gaia appears to be sleeping.

"What the fuck." Alex exclaim, I follow his line of vision and we all freeze.

A picture paused in the tv screen, a big leather couch in front of the camera, two man sits there, they look like twins, but one has dark blond hair and the other it's lighter, buzz cuts and bright green eyes, they are side by side, both holding a beer in their hands, but what shocked us it's the little creature sitting in both of their touching tighs.

A little boy, must be at least three years old, the blond hair a big indicator of the parent, but hazel eyes that I know pretty much about, I've started at this eyes enough times to recognize.

Sitting on the ground by their feet is Gaia, the biggest smile on her face, her beautiful blood Red hair flying everywhere, the little boy hands pulling the strands up.

She has a son?

♡♡♡