𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 8

«𝕴 𝖆𝖒 𝖏𝖊𝖆𝖑𝖔𝖚𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖆𝖓𝖞𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖜𝖍𝖔 𝖈𝖆𝖓 𝖒𝖆𝖐𝖊 𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖕𝖊𝖔𝖕𝖑𝖊 𝖈𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖘𝖔 𝖒𝖚𝖈𝖍...»
~𝕯𝖆𝖛𝖎𝖉 𝕷𝖊𝖛𝖎𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓

INAYAH

"I'm leaving the pharmacy in your care for tonight. I'm way too exhausted and I also need to clean my apartment a little bit." Maya said, hiding another yawn of hers with her hand.

"Go girl, you need some rest and I understand. Don't worry, I will handle the rest." I reassured her, knowing damn well she was way too tired to even understand what I just said.

I watched her getting ready to leave, a feeling of pride building up inside me.

The pharmacy was her dream and we made it together. When she thought she was alone, I made sure she didn't give up on her own dreams and now seeing how successful she became, made me feel like a mother watching her child conquering the world.

Maya worked hard her whole life. In fact, we both did but she was one of the few persons in my life who meant so much to me and I could wish nothing but the best for her.

I continued with my work, letting her get ready to leave, the idea of working alone this evening somehow cheering me up. It was easier to work alone at this time than in broad daylight. Less customers meant less work. And as far as my security mattered, I had nothing to worry about. Alhamdulillah.

Everybody here knew each other and they were all friendly. It wouldn't be hard to seek for help if I needed to and I was more than grateful for that.

"And how would you go back home?" Maya asked, giving me a concerned look.

"Don't worry about me, Maya. I will take a cab, it's not like we're complete strangers here right. Now you just go and get some sleep," winking at her, I added, "oh and don't forget to dream of your Sebastian."

At the mention of her new neighbor, her cheeks turned crimson red but she acted like she didn't hear what I just said.

Too bad for her, her body language already betrayed her.

"I wonder what would I ever be without you, Inayah." she whispered, ready to leave.

"Trust me, I ask myself the same thing everyday." I softly replied, giving her a tight hug before letting her go.

Standing by the door, I watched her drive away, a faint sigh escaping my lips.

The day has been filled with so much emotions that I didn't think any word in the whole dictionary could ever describe how I was feeling. Suddenly a thought crossed my mind and I rushed to my phone, guilt surging within me as I remembered I completely forgot to call my mother to tell her about the contract.

I waited for her to take the call, silently praying she wouldn't scold me for forgetting. As unpredictable as she was, I could only hope she was in a good mood right now.

"Habibti, Assalaamoualaikoum. How are you? I was just on my way to call you, I almost thought you forgot about your own mother today. Aye, before you say anything, I have something very very very important to tell you."

My eyebrows furrowed, not knowing whether to take her tone as a sign of excitement or something else.

"Wa'alaikumusalam Mama. Alhamdulillah, I'm fine. How are you?"

"I'm very very fine. Guess what your Mama has to tell you."

There she was, definitely excited for something.