Every Little Thing

𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐲

1965

Y/n awoke from her light slumber as a loud snore escaped the lips of her adored husband, Ringo. Turing to face him, Y/n couldn't help but smile, looking at the restful expression on his face.

Many people would detest the racket, especially at 6 o'clock on a Saturday morning, however it caused Y/n a joy that was unlike any other.

At times, it seemed that their relationship was too good to be true, almost as if it were all a dream. But the noise proved to Y/n that he was there, forever and always- peacefully getting the rest he needed, healing his mind and body.

So there Y/n laid, canvassing her husband's features, as her head settled into the pillow opposite of his.

She admittedly did this every morning, watching Ringo's chest rise and fall with every breath he took. It soothed her in a way-it always did.

Before the two were married, about a year and a half ago, Ringo would normally be the one to admire his significant other in the early hours of the morning; even though he'd never acknowledge or realise it.

It's still done by him occasionally when he's up earlier than his wife, which is a rare occurrence- but Y/n has now implemented it as her daily routine.

She looked at every aspect of him in a different light each day.

The way his tawny hair would hang in his eyes, masking them slightly as he slept. Or the way his mouth hung open when he dreamt, letting comforting snores roam out of his lips.

Whatever it was, she loved all angles of it.

Ringo began to toss and turn, something he did every morning before he woke. And as soon as his sapphire eyes opened, he was warmly greeted by his wife, who beamed tenderly when the pairs noses touched.

"Good morning dear." Ringo smiled, his voice raspy, coarse, and low, still exhausted from recording the day before.

"Good morning Ritchie." Y/n replied lovingly, humming slightly as she spoke.

It stayed quiet for a while, Y/n continuously looked at her husband with nothing but admiration.

"What're you starin' at?" He chuckled lightly, his eyes staring adoringly at his partners, getting lost in her e/c orbs that twinkled in the dawning sunlight.

Y/n sighed faintly before answering, taking in this beautiful occasion, just as she did every morning. "You're beauty."

"Beauty?" Ringo questioned curiously. "I don' know about that one dear."

"You are beautiful Ritchie!" Y/n exclaimed, her eyes widening when she spoke.

Ringo always observed how Y/n's eyes vocalised for her whenever she was going on about something she was passionate for. He absolutely longed for it- hence why he began to smile widely.

"You are captivating, and-and alluring," Y/n continued. "And don't get me started on— why are you looking at me like that?" She grinned.

"You just make me...so very happy. D'you know that?" Ringo gleamed, opening his arms up for his wife- into which she curled in, snuggling closely to her husbands bare chest. "So happy."

Y/n and Ringo laid snugly in their white king sized bed, tangled up with one another comfily and carefree.

Nobody could ruin this moment for them.

Eventually, however, Y/n began to grow tired, the softness of her husbands even breaths began to sound like a lullaby.

Ringo had now been given the opportunity to cherish every little thing that made his wife special- and he made the most of it.

He loved thinking about the way she slept on her stomach with one leg extended, taking up half the bed they so tenderly shared. Or the way she hummed when she dreamed; even if it is just for a second, Ringo can't help but laugh.

He especially loved it when Y/n's hands would find his. Whether they're both awake or asleep, their hands always end up finding each other.

Looking back at Y/n and out of his thoughts, Ringo carefully examined her sleeping demeanor, smiling slightly to himself as she nuzzled closer into him.

"My Y/n." He whispered lovingly, placing a gentle kiss on her right cheek- before he settled his head on top of hers.

"My Y/n."