03

chapter three.

......

june.

THE EVENING approaches a lot quicker than I would of liked.

After my mum announcing the dinner, I had been worried about it for the rest of the day.

Reuniting with them after 2 years felt so odd.

I didn't know the reason they'd left Hawaii then and honestly I still don't know now.

I tried many times trying to force the answer out of my mum when they had just left but even as my mum she explained to me that it was not her business to tell so I knew it serious and didn't mention again for the rest of the time they disappeared for.

Suddenly, a knock at the door gets my heart beating loudly in my chest. I could feel it basically jumping out of my rib age.

"They're here!" My mum sings as she makes her way to open the door.

I stand stiffly in the hallway right beside my mum as she happily throws the poor door open.

I watch in anticipation as I start to see a familiar blonde haired woman appear from behind the door.

Mrs Hayes.

She was stood with three tall figures behind her, looking almost like bodyguards instead of Mrs Hayes sons. I couldn't see their faces in the dark, which made them look even more intimidating.

Almost instantly, my mum and Mrs Hayes rush to greet each other with a hug, I could almost feel the love they both had for each other pouring out of their souls.

"It's so great to see you again Mary." My mum mumbles into Mrs Hayes shoulder.

"And you Evelyn." Mrs Hayes says in a soft tone.

I watch as they release from their hug and Mary's eyes that drift from my mum to me, and suddenly bright smile taking over her whole face.

Mrs Hayes was still so beautiful, her long dark blonde hair and kind blue eyes. She had fair skin, and light wrinkles had appeared on her face now.

"June dear, come here and give me a hug." I wrap my arms around her in a warm embrace.

"Hi Mrs Hayes." I mumble into her shoulder.

She gives me an extra squeeze before letting go of me and taking a look at me, "My my! You've grown to be so mature and beautiful, but you've always been a pretty little thing." Her hands place on both my cheeks, moving my head around to examine me.

I giggle shyly, "Thank you."

My mum cuts in, "Now now Mary, leave my child alone. Let me show you what we're having for dinner." 

They both start to make their way over to the kitchen, leaving me with the three figures who had said all but nothing yet.

"Kiddo?" A voice finally speaks from the darkness.

I recognised that voice from anywhere.

"Dayton?" I act clueless, knowing exactly who it was.

He comes into the light, his blondey-brown hair that use to be was now buzzed, he had hazel eyes that were glistening through the light coming from the house.

He grins, "Kiddo!" Dayton shouts, lifting me up and wrapping his arms around me.

"Put me down Dayton!" I laugh at his excitement, slapping his shoulder lightly.

Dayton Hayes was the oldest out of the three brothers, but even being the oldest he had the personality of a five year old.

He slowly puts me down and looks at me.

"Holy shit! You've changed!" His eyes widen, as do mine.

"You have stubble now Dayton! Oh my god!" I go to feel the newfound hair on his face, but he immediately moves my hand away.

"Don't touch the untouchable." He defends his beard, getting weirdly protective over it.

Another voice cuts in, "Don't be offended, he doesn't let anyone touch his beard. He treats it like some sort of fucking trophy." He comes into the light.

"Keegan." I say, smiling softly.

Keegan had changed very much as well.

His blonde hair had grew out, as well as his face had gotten more slimmed and defined.

Aw, no more chubby cheeks.

Keegan Hayes was the middle child, the most sensible out of the three, and smartest.

"Hi June." He smiles in return, his honey coloured eyes holding warmth.

"I'm so glad to see you both." I look between the both of them, dreading and openly avoiding th third figure who still had yet to speak.

"Your forgetting one Martinez." My heart jumps in suprise, his voice had gotten so much deeper and raspier since the last time I spoke to him.

I groan in annoyance, "And on purpose too."

Archie comes into the light and I swear I feel my mouth drop open.

He had by far changed the most out of the three.

Someone had finally hit puberty.

His brunette hair layed floppily on his forehead, hovering just before his bright blue eyes, like the Hawaiian ocean type of blue. His fa had became way more defined and structured as well as his jaw line becoming more sharp.

"Archie Hayes."

....

AUTHORS NOTE

i know that i had said this would be the dinner chapter but unfortunately that will be the next chapter I promise.

I just felt like them all seeing each other deserved it's own chapter, but the next chapter is well on it's way and lets just say, it get's interesting!

I love you all and I sincerely apologise for me disappearing for so long, I am really trying to get back into a routine. I have just been having a very chaotic life recently.

I plan to publish a new chapter of wwnmtma soon, so who's excited for that?!

thank you so much for how much support this book has already gotten<33

-b.