The Beginning

The Beginning

It was a bright sunny day, and we were seated inside a cafe here in the Seoul district. The minimalist theme cafe of tulip white and chocolate brown colors looks so classy and elegant with its different kinds of plants in every corner.

Everything was made of wood, and the glassware, silverware, and anything in this place looks pleasing in the eyes,

The guests were going in and out of the place's main entrance door. As it could be seen from the glass wall, people passing by, where my eyes are since an awhile ago because of my date having his world.

A piece of Jazz swing soul music played as I held my frappe with both hands, feeling my cold drink.

Playing: L.O.V.E by Imaginary Future Cover [Alternative Attached above by Suhyun Lee]

L is for the way you look at me.

O is for the only one I see

V is very, very extraordinary.

E is even more than anyone that you adore.

"Babe listens to the song. It's cute," I told him with a bright smile. He looked at me with his usual expression and nodded; he sipped on his chocolate drink.

And love is all that I can give to you.

Love is more than just a game for two.

Two in love can make it.

Take my heart, and please don't break it.

Love was made for me and you.

We stared at each other eyes as we listened to the classic song playing. I was smiling the whole time, feeling giddy with his stares. It still gives me butterflies like the first time. I wasn't able to find emotions on his, so I thought I should try harder,

"L is for the way you look at me.

O is for the only one I see

V is very, very extraordinary.

E is even more than anyone that you adore."

I sang along slowly to the song as I looked at him with a smile, managing not to let laugh, even there were soft giggles. Singing the song to him as it fits perfectly how I feel for him, I sway my head slowly as it dances to the Rhythm while my eyes stay on him.

"Isn't it cute?" I asked him after singing along to the chorus; he just nodded and sipped on his coffee, still looking at me.

And love is all that I can give to you.

Love is more than just a game for two.

Two in love can make it.

Take my heart, and please don't break it.

Love was made for me and you.

When the song ended, the words he said also ended my world, It wasn't a compliment how the music fits us nor how sounds romantic it is, but words that would finish and end us instead.

"Let's break up," he said. I could feel my body turn cold as I looked at him, taken aback. It was too sudden, I gave him a small smile trying to find a hint of jokes on him, but I couldn't find one.

All clouds turned solemn, and everything in this place turned sad; even the love song that is playing now became an ordinary song without emotion but gray.

"Suddenly." I finally said after a long silence between us.

Tears pooled my eyes as strength in my body continued to leave me. Still, I remained calm, meeting his cold eyes looking at me with certain unfamiliarity.

I wanted him to take that back, but I didn't do anything.

"I don't feel it anymore." he simply said while looking straight into my eyes blankly.

I hate how he looks at me as if I were a stranger to him and how his words turn most blunt daggers, killing me unarmed and helplessly.

"It doesn't excite me anymore... seeing you. I don't feel the spark.." he added without any expression on his face, and that hurt as hell.

Hearing and witnessing your biggest fear of all time happening right in front of you makes me feel good as dead. Hearing that coming from the person you loved the most for three years, and more was good as breaking you into pieces mercilessly without blinking an eye and flinching.

"Can't we work it out?" I managed to ask him despite the pain. I feel desperate, but I always find myself asking him this fucking question every time this happens.

A question that shows how much I love him.

I bit my lips and bowed my head, couldn't carry the weight of tears in my eyes and thoughts in my head. I watched my own tears drop on my pants, afraid this would be the end of us.

I love him too much.

"I tried. But it's not working...I couldn't fool myself any longer. I don't want to fool you any longer, Sunoo." He said. I could hear the frustration in his voice.

I simply wiped my tears away and stared at him, 'You can just rest and come back to me Niki... like always.' I wanted to tell him that, but that stayed behind my lips after seeing the tears running threading his cheek, same on mine but for a different reason.

Mine was for wanting him to stay and his, for wanting to leave me.

How could I say that?

I kept all emotion inside me and laughed softly as I nodded, even it felt like a part inside me was falling apart. And I was being killed brutally right in front of him.

"Okay, then," I replied, looking at him with a smile as tears threaded my cheeks like always and every time. "Let's end this," I told him with a subtle curl on my lips when my world was about to leave me.

The smile he flashed killed me more as he stood up in front of me. I was getting dumb and dumber.

How was it so easy for him when I was falling apart into pieces.

I returned his smiles and watched him turn his back without saying anything; even just a goodbye seems like I'm not deserving to.

Just like that... Our story ended.

It became a story that has its own closing and ending.

Something that I don't want to learn from us if I have a chance.

Because it taught me that not all love stories have a happy ending.

And all endings aren't supposed to be only happy ones.

It is just sad and tragic we became living proof when I never wanted us to be one.