Noah.

My eyes fluttered open to the continuous hammering on the metalbed. I looked up to see the familiar cloth of my worn out tent. I groaned and sat up, rubbing my eyes. I saw the silhouette of a fire and a guy hammering on some arrows. I got out of my covers and got the clothes from under my pillow. I got changed and walked through the curtain entrance of my tent. "Morning, dingus" Duncan said taking a pause from his blacksmithing. "Hey" I replied getting some berries from the offering pile. "whos awake?" I asked as I made a quick leaf plate for my berries. "Cody and Courtney. Cody's at Discovery and Courtney's out training" he said carving a skull into a nearby tree. I frowned, popping the last berry in my mouth and getting up to find Cody. Sure enough, I walked through the Discovery Tent's curtain and he was there, working on some kind of flower. "Hey" I said closing the curtain. "Oh hey noah" he said looking up at me. "whatcha working on?" I asked peering at the plant. "i call it...The Bluebell Shock. people keep saying that whenever they touch this plant, that they feel an electric wave go through their body. I'm just trying to find the source of the shock" he babbled excitedly. "oh...how exciting" I said blandly. "what do you want." he asked unamused. "I was just here to bring you some breakfest" I said handing him a little leaf plate, filled with purple berries. "well thanks!" he said taking the berries happily.
suddenly, Tyler flew through the curtain. making us jump. "what it is?" I asked quickly. "it's the witchcrafters. they found Courtney again." he said quickly. I grabbed the nearest weapon, which was a light club, and ran out the tent with Cody and Tyler.
~~~~~
"Grab Courtney and run away!" Duncan yelled at me while fighting off a witchcrafter. "What about you?" I yelled, my voice cracking. "Tyler and I can take them, just grab Courtney and Cody and hide!" he yelled furiously. I ran off with Courtney and Cody on my sides. We all knew where to go immediately. the tube down below the Medic Unit. there was a little door under a basket of herbs and we opened it to the custom built hideout. we all climbed in, and barely fit. Cody and I were pretty tiny, so it worked, but it's actually meant for one person. we sat in the little space for about 2 hours. Cody fell asleep, while courtney and I talked about little things. later on, Duncan opened the hatch and told us it was safe to come out.
~~~~~
"that's the third time this month.." Duncan said angrily eating his soup. "They've never come out this much." Harold sighed. "Guys, shut up. Not like it's making Courtney any better." Cody said holding Courtney's shoulder. The witchcrafters have wanted Courtney for a long time now. Courtney's BEAUTIFUL. which is why they want to sacrifice her to the 'undergods'. it gets quite stressful, and with the uprising starting and all, Courtney won't be safe for much longer.
~~~~~
I laid there, looking up at the tent ceiling. observing the stitches and different clothes sowed together. I could not fall asleep, but I was used to it. I never got much sleep. but it doesn't affect me. I then heard sobs and cries and little screams of a familiar voice. I pulled on some shorts and left my tent, walking quietly to Cody's tent. There he was, lying on his mattress, sweating and crying. I crouched down to him and shook him up. he flew up, looking around for something, his eyes jittering in all different directions. "Cody...are you okay?" I asked holding his arm. he turned himself over to me and finally calmed down a bit. "yeah.....just a stupid nightmare." he sighed. "well you were like crying and screaming....are you sure you're okay?" I asked looking at his glossy eyes. "yeah I'm fine" he partly smiled. "okay, I'm gonna go to bed then, okay?" I asked getting up. "yeah go ahead noah" he said smiling at me. so I left the tent and got back to mine. little did I know, Cody really wasn't alright.
~~~~~
heyyyyyy guyssssss :3 is it good? ugh why do I start new stories when I don't even finish my old ones!!! sorry, yelling at my stupid self there xD
love you nerds❤️