⁶ monster on monster crime

┍━━━━━━━━━༺❁ུ۪۪⸙༻━━┑

┕━━━━━━━━━༺❁ུ۪۪⸙༻━━┙

[korean, english]

⠀⠀⠀⠀"PLEASE SAVE OUR dad."

⠀⠀⠀⠀ Imani and Hyunsu had just entered the kids' apartment, shutting the door behind them. Suyeong kept her arms wrapped around Imani's leg for comfort.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"What?" Hyunsu asked.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Our dad fell down."

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Yeah. We saw." Imani grimaced at the thought.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Well, maybe he's oka–"

⠀⠀⠀⠀"No one can survive a fall from the twelfth floor."

⠀⠀⠀⠀ The kids immediately started to cry because of his words. Imani's jaw dropped as her head snapped to glare at the boy next to her. She reached out and slapped the back of his head. He winced, grumbling curses at the older girl as he rubbed the spot that she had hit.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Why would you say that?" She hissed.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"I'm just being honest!" He defended himself. "Lying to them wouldn't do them any good."

⠀⠀⠀⠀"I mean, you're right but–" Imani sighed, shaking her head. "That was just way too brutal, man. They're babies."

⠀⠀⠀⠀ Hyunsu muttered an apology to the crying children causing Imani to shake her head again. She crouched down to their heights and pulled down her mask so they could see her face. She gave them a comforting smile.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"It's going to be okay." She whispered. "There's a man on the fourteenth floor that has some food. Are you two hungry?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀ They sniffled, nodding their heads.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"But if we're going, you need to know that there's monsters in the halls so we have to be extra careful." Imani instructed. "Can you do that?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀ They nodded again.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"If there's any chance we get separated, there's going to be a monster that can hear really well." Imani explained to them. Maybe not as well after she cut its ear off.. "So we'll have to be very quiet. Do you understand?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀ The poor children in front of remained silent, staring up at her with terrified facial expressions that broke her heart a little. Imani was scared but imagine going through all of this as a young child..

⠀⠀⠀⠀ Hyunsu frowned at their teary eyes, shuffling closer to them.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"How old are you guys?" He asked. Imani gave the boy the side eye, getting a feeling that he may say something stupid again.