chapter one!

Jules schiller was never one for the arts. She did drama a few years back, but it didn't really stick. Until the day Maggie decided she would audition for the school musical. Jules knew she would most likely get bored halfway through but still went with for support anyway.

She wasn't surprised when she ran into her childhood best friend Nini Salazar-Roberts. They had stopped hanging out years ago because they got into a stupid fight over a boy. Jules went out with him for what? A month? Maybe less during the summer of 9th grade But then nini decided she was going to date him and she did. For maybe a year when they were sophomores. 

This only bothered Jules for a while but her being friends with this boy had bothered nini a whole bunch. They got into a really stupid fight and never made up. So Jules was left alone for the second half of the year. And when Jules had indescribable emotion, Magdelene Lopez was there to help her to her feet and get her going. From there she met Charlie Marshall, a soft-spoken girl who loves books and tea. 

From then on Jules wasn't known as 'Nini's friend' or 'Ricky's ex' but as 'Maggie's friend' or 'one of those girls'. That didn't seem to bother her at all. She in all honesty was happier than ever with these girls. And nothing was going to change that.

OR!

In which a girl unknowingly enters one of the most drama-filled eras of her life with her friends at her side. She knows nothing about how to deal with it or what to do next. 

JULES STOOD at the entrance of the school gripping her backpack straps tightly in either hand

JULES STOOD at the entrance of the school gripping her backpack straps tightly in either hand. Maggie shook her head as she approached her, seeing her standing anxiously outside the school building.

"You scared Julie?" She inquired

"I just forgot how much I despised this place" Jules responded

"Hey! I'm sure it will be fine! at least we don't have to deal with Nina's death stares this year!"

"True, I'm sure she's over it"

As long as me and charlie don't get left in the dust so you can frolic through a sunflower field into her arms, I'm sure it will be ok"

"I could never. now, we should go so we don't miss the bell" maggie nods as the two link arms and march into the school. They stop in front of their lockers and look across the hallway to see Ricky, Big red, Nini, and Kourtney arguing with each other.

"I smell desperation" Maggie jokes as she looks at Ricky's obvious pining

"Nini please take me back! I smell of Cheeto dust and axe body spray but I know you love it!" Jules mocks leaning into the wall

"what did freshman you see in him?"

"We had very different priorities" Jules laughs as the intercom begins blasting throughout the halls

"GOOD MORNING STUDENTS OF EAST HIGH! PLEASE MAKE YOUR WAY TO OUR GYMNASIUM FOR OUR ANNUAL BACK-TO-SCHOOL KICKBACK!"

"Ugh! why must we do this every year?!" Maggie sighs