Chapter two!

DURING LUNCH, Jules, Maggie, Charlie, and Savannah stood in the courtyard around a picnic table.

"I just don't know how you guys could stay occupied in a musical," Charlie said looking at the three other girls "I mean I see how it could be fun but I could never memorize all that"

"How many times have you read the bell jar?" Maggie asked sternly

"like once" she replied looking up from her copy of rosemary's baby

"And what's your favorite quote?"

"The silence depressed me. It wasn't the silence of silence. It was my own silence." charlie says still reading

"Case and point," Jules says as Nini begins walking over to the group

"Heads up - cows ass is headed our way," Savannah says pointing at the girl who has her arms behind her back

"Hey Jules, Maggie," Nini says coming to their sides

"Nina," Maggie says with a hint of sarcasm

"I just wanted to say congrats on making it in the play" she replies "I mean we all know how tough it is to get a spot"

"Says Gabriella" Maggie murmurs

"I totally understand if you're jealous mags. You have been doing theater since elementary and you only got Martha cox! If anyone deserved Gabriella it was you"

"I'm going to say something before you can see visible flames coming out the side of Maggie's face" Jules interjects "Nini, we aren't jealous. If we show any disdain toward you it's for another reason"

"Is this really about the Ricky thing? I mean you may not know but we br-"

"Broke up. I am aware of that"

"I think I kinda you know everyone saw that video" Maggie snorts

"I don't not love the song though" Sav adds while laughing

"Ok, ok I get it. I'm just saying that I was young. and stupid. And I'm sorry for all the hurt I have caused in the past"

"I'm not because you and Julie breaking up is the only reason she has cool friends like us," Maggie says pulling Sav and Charlie into a side hug and giving a wide smile "Plus if you were a good friend in the first place you wouldn't have dropped her for wanting to be friends with someone"

"I see your point," Nini said "But I really do think this whole thing was blown way out of proportion. I was dumb for letting you go. Can we at least not hate each other?"

"Sure" Jules replied holding out a hand for Nini to shake "But to be fair I never hated you" Nini shakes her hand and walks off

AT THE first rehearsal Ms. Jenn seemed to be in a timid mood. Jules, Savannah, Maggie, and Seb walk to their respective tables. Maggie and Seb sat on either side of Jules while Savannah sat at the head of the circle in between Ms. Jenn and what was supposed to be Natalie Bagley. But since her glands were swollen, big red was in her place.