A Reunion

"Your boyfriend is here!" Anne yelled from downstairs.
"Ma! He's just a friend!" Jade hollered, panicking as she shoved her things to her tiny Louis bag.
Anna smirked at her eldest daughter as she rushed down the stairs.
"yeah, I'm describing him. A boy who is your friend." Anna teased.
Jade growled as as she knew her mother meant something else.
Ricky was waiting outside, a family friend.
His parents were friends with Jade's parents, him and Jade also went to the same school in kindergarten together.
However, they weren't close.
They just recently rekindled their friendship as they were both lonely during the pandemic, they started chatting each other often.
"sorry i made you wait." Jade muttered.
Ricky smiled
'oh that dazzling angelic smile, DaMn.' Jade thought, though she maintained her stoic face.
Not that he would see any difference, they were wearing masks after all.
"it's fine, come on." Ricky opened the passenger seat to his car.
His voice was as deep as ever, in contrast to his baby face
Jade grinned, "why thank you gentleman"
Ricky chuckled and closed the door.
"so, where are we going?" Jade asked.
Ricky shrugged "where do you want to go?"
Jade frowned "bruh, i thought we were going to have fun and not have to think."
Ricky stiffled a laugh.
"well, i really got intrested on that book you let me borrow... what was it called again?"
Jade smiled wide "the school for good and evil."
Ricky hummed "i wanted to get a copy, could you come with to see if they have some in stock? I'll treat you later, promise."
Jade snorted "no bribery needed, but sure. Starbucks after?"
Ricky nodded as he pulled into the mall's parking lot.
"i was thinking coffee bean, but alright."

Ricky and Jade made their way back to the 2nd floor to get some coffee.
They get to the counter and the employee grinned at the both of them.
"hello ma'am, sir."
Ricky immediately placed his order, but Jade couldn't decide since she wasn't familiar with the place.
"umm, i'm not really sure what to order. Ricky?" Jade turned to the taller boy.
The employee answered for him.
"we have a couples special for this week ma'am, 15% off for these drinks." the employee pointed to the side of the huge menu board.
"sure, we'll have that. You okay with that Emmy?" Ricky asked Jade.

Emmy was Ricky's nickname for her, since he wanted to have a special name for her. "emerald and jade are both green so why not?" he said when he used the nickname for the first time and Jade looked at him funny.

"sure." Jade answered , not minding to take the couple discount even if they aren't.
As she pulled out her wallet, Ricky took it and put it back in her bag then zipped it.
Jade frowned.
"I'm paying." his tone left no space for arguments.
Jade huffed as Ricky paid.
They got their order after a few minutes wait.
Then they went down the parking.
"where to?" Ricky asked as he closed his car door.
Jade though "wanna go to the park?"
Ricky smiled warmly at her, thinking she was a precious friend.
Her family has always been nature lovers.
As much as Jade wouldn't like to admit since it ruins her tough and cold appearance.
A label that was stuck to her by others, but she didn't mind.
People's first though about her would always be that she looked spoiled or cold.
Ricky thought that too, but eventually got closer to her through the pandemic and finally saw more to that facade.
Ricky liked the nature loving part about her the most.
"sure, let's get some fresh air." he replied after a while.

But it seems the universe also wanted to take a sharp curve, just as Ricky did.
Or maybe Jade forgot to do a tarot reading to warn her of today's possible events.
Just as Ricky took a sharp left, another car went speading right into them.

"I'm sorry for your loss."