one.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Sofia

"Someday I'll get used to your early awakenings," I say sleepily, feeling Jay's lips begin to leave little kisses on my face.

"Criminals don't wait," my husband grins, and I snuggle closer to his body.

We were still getting used to a quiet, peaceful life after returning from Afghanistan. We constantly have nightmares, but we know that we always have each other.

And we were also getting used to family life. The fact that I call him my husband and bear his last name seems crazy, but there is nothing better than that.

While Jay works as a detective and hides me from everyone, I found myself in art. I got a job at a big company in Chicago and created, painted and enjoyed what I had been doing since childhood.

"How's your partner doing?" I ask, because I always remember what Jay tells me. Even about his partner Erin, for whom my husband is very worried.

And it's already starting to annoy me.

"She's transferring to the FBI," Jay replies, visibly tensing up.

I pull away from his embrace and get out of bed, straightening Jay's big T-shirt under which there was absolutely nothing.

"Are you upset?" I try not to look at my husband, who also gets out of bed and starts walking around the room to get ready for work.

While I was sleeping, he had already gone for his morning run and showered. Yes, his regime is completely different from mine.

"It's her choice," Jay says, shrugging.
But I knew my husband too well to say that he was really upset about the situation with Erin.

"If you had introduced me to her, I would have talked to her," I say, not understanding why Jay is still hiding me from his team. Only his older brother Will knows about our marriage.

"No one knows that I'm married, Sof. I don't want anything to happen to you because of my work. Therefore, we will keep our marriage a secret as long as possible," Jay comes up to me, places his hands on my cheeks and leaves a kiss on my lips. "I'm worried about you. Always. Please don't make me worry about you any more."

My gaze noticeably softens and I look into his eyes, placing my hands around his torso.

"I understand. Totally understand. I'm sorry I brought this up again," I say sincerely and kiss his lips.

"No, don't apologize. I totally understand you too."

It's good that I have friends at work, otherwise I would have gone crazy.

"I'm going to make us some coffee," I say as his lips leave little kisses on my lips.

He nods and goes to the closet to start getting ready for work.

My work is still three hours away, but because of my husband's early awakenings, I also have to get up early and spend at least some time with him. Sometimes there was a feeling that I didn't see him at all because he was constantly disappearing at work.

"Just look at my new badge. I finally got it changed," Jay says, walking into the kitchen where I'm making toasts.
I look at his new badge and smile.

"51163," of course, I knew his badge number by heart.

"It shines."

I burst out laughing and leave a kiss on Jay's lips.

"Just like you," I say and hand him a cup of coffee.

We have breakfast in a cozy atmosphere, discussing work and other topics, sometimes laughing. We've always been soulmates.

"Do you remember that I'm not coming home today?" I clarify, cleaning up the dirty dishes.

Jay furrows his brows and places his arms around my waist, leaving kisses on my neck.

"Will you stay to help homeless people?"

Yes, I do charity work on the night shift. Jay, as always, will be late at work, and at this time I'm doing useful things, which give me pleasure.

"Yeah," I turn to face Jay and place my palms on his cheekbones. "As always be careful today."

"Always, babe."

"I love you, my love," I say sincerely, smiling and kissing him on the lips.

He deepens the kiss and I let out a soft moan.

"I love you more, babe."

When he kisses me for the last time, he turns around and I slap his butt a few times.

He turns his head, we smile at each other and realize that our love will last forever.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

A/N:
aaaaa love them with all my heart!!!
but not always everything will be so cute:)