Time Dilation

"So, this next group of Time-Vestors, as you call them, will be heading to the...the moon this week on the TimeX Lunar Module?"

"Yes, David."

"So...this is a CNBC exclusive?..."

"At this point, yes, you can call it an exclusive..."

"Great! We always love to get those when...when we can...ah, so...so, I'm obviously looking a lot older to you than last we met..."

"Not at all." 

"You're too kind! But...let me say...you did the seven-year trip...it's unbelievable that you're already back, seems like yesterday you got in the rocket and went to the moon and then...made the TimeX voyage."

"I can tell you, honestly...the whole thing has been a blast. To see all the changes - "

"I wanted to bring that up. You're...you're a trillionaire now! The market has really bid up TimeX since your departure and arrival. And your new business model, of not only charging fees to go on a T-X voyage, but to take a percentage - a healthy one - of your passengers' investment profits...Wall Street loves it."

"Yes. It seemed correct to make those changes."

"I wanted to know...when you basically jump from the present to...the future..."

"Well, remember it's not that fast, not an instantaneous jump. Einstein would have something to say about that."

"Ha ha, yes. That's true. But you're clock passed something like...six months...and here on Earth was seven years..."

"Seven and half-a-day..."

"Ha ha, right, to be specific, I was just being, being roughly speaking, so...was the trip at all difficult?"

"There are some side effects. But they are manageable."

"David, uh...can I jump in here..."

"Absolutely."

"Elon...this is Joe Kernen..."

"Hi, Joe."

"I saw you on Saturday Night Live last week...fifth time hosting..."

"Yeah. That too was a blast. I joined the Five-Timer-Club."

"Ha ha, yeah, I saw that, Martin and Fey came out, too...loved the time-dilation stuff...funny, if controversial, sketch about jumping on the ship to date someone when they became of age...but anyway, there are some who, some who are saying, hey, TimeX and the rest of the Musk portfolio, Tesla, all of it, are overvalued, and that there may be some problems with these trips -"

"It's all political - "

"Yeah, some of it is, about the inequality of it all, what they are calling time inequality, unfair access to time dilation and especially the tax breaks for the wealthy...but, with all that, and even with some of the fundamentals, are you sure...in case something goes wrong, what with all the shorting of your companies' stocks and - "

"Well, consider this...Warren Buffet, who amazingly is still around and benefitting from dilation voyages, has decided to insure us...that's a huge vote of confidence..."

"Yeah, yeah it is...when Berkshire gets on board..."

"He loves the product..."

Kalen was excited, but nervous. She had never been to space. And certainly not the moon. She remembered all the times she had seen the Musk lunar vehicle on television...always reminded her of some weird shape, almost like a bucket, but not quite; more warped around the edges. But she guessed he knew what he was doing. He was Elon Musk, after all; he was the man who figured out how to go really fast and exploit the effects of time dilation.