Ch 6: Fragile Moments

You have chosen option A:

Option A: Stay, and talk things out

Y/N

The moment we locked eyes I felt conflicted. A part of me didn't want to interact with anyone right now, especially not Hanjae. The other part wanted to resolve things about what happened that day.

''You don't look happy to see me.'' He didn't seem bothered as he sat himself down next to me. My eyes averted back to the pages in front of me.

''Should I be?'' I made up my mind to talk things out and be rational yet my mouth was having a thought of its own. 

''Look I have no intention of bothering you. I met up with the guys and saw you here on my way home. I want to talk things out about the other night. After that, I'm gone.''

''Alright...'' Why am I so moody? 

''I'm sorry.'' He began.

''You shouldn't say sorry to me, but to Jaejin.'' 

''Right...I already did. We met this morning.'' Part of me felt betrayed by the fact that Jaejin didn't notify me about this. 

''I was just really worried that night when you suddenly left without your belongings. Especially at such a late time. It's dangerous and finding out you were with Jaejin I kinda held him responsible for it. I shouldn't have said the things I said that day.''

''But you did mean them, didn't you?'' It would be a flat-out lie if he would say he didn't mean it. There is always truth in the words you say. The only difference would be that you regret saying it.

His lips slightly curled up with a nod. 

''Yeah, I hate to admit it but I said those things with a reason. I told Jaejin the same thing. I can see why you guys think I was out of line, but you should hear me out.''

I kept quiet letting him continue.

''I'm just worried that's all. I know you're not a child and you probably don't want someone to look out for you to such a length, but I just can't help it. When you meet with Jaejin I hold him responsible as the man that is with you. He told me that...usually you refuse to let him take you home and that you're the one who wants to meet at night often. That was my mistake for blaming that on him. I just want you to be safe wherever you are, that's all. And sometimes...I just don't know if Jaejin is capable of that.''

''What makes you think that?'' I was puzzled by his thoughts. I could respect that he is just worried about me but there is a line. 

''I don't know...because to me...you guys are still the little children I had to look after when we were younger.'' 

Back in elementary school, Hanjae was indeed the big brother who looked after us. If guys bullied me he would be the one to step up for me. Same thing with Jaejin if he got picked on. Hanjae was always the one stepping up for us and looking after us, so I kinda get where he is coming from.

''You know that you can't keep hanging on to that image forever. We matured okay and believe it or not I can pick my own fights right now. It's not like you're at our university. Jaejin too is really capable of not only stepping up for himself but for others too. I have seen it. And I don't want the 'man' around me to be responsible for me. I don't hold you responsible for things when I hang with you, and I'm not expecting that from Jaejin either. Just how fragile am I in your mind?''

He sighed accompanied by an empty laugh.

''Really fragile...''

''You break down with a small pinch.'' His hand reached out to me pinching the skin on my arm harshly. It made me grunt as I swat his hands away from me. 

''Stop it. I just really don't like pinching okay?'' I held my book up as a guard as he tried his actions once more. 

''But still, please stop looking at me like a 5-year-old. I can take care of myself.'' He averted his gaze away from me before suddenly laying himself down. His head rested on my lap as he sighed once more.

''Even if I look at you as a grown woman, I'll still look out for you like a worried dad okay.'' Not sure if I'm happy with that.

''Then at least make it so that I don't notice it.'' I placed the bridge of my book against his nose, proceeding with my reading. 

''I'll try.''

''Good, so that means you'll serve me alcohol next time I visit you at work.''

''Not a chance.''

''Oh come on!''

''You can't hold your liquor.'' To that, I stayed quiet, though a part of me was itching to take this debate further.

''Y/N'' The sudden change in his tone alarmed me for a moment. I lifted my book giving me a glimpse at his face. His eyes were lost as he looked at the sky above us.

''M-My mom messaged me today.'' To that my heart skipped a beat. 

Due to Hanjae his past decisions of pursuing his dream as an artist, his parents somewhat.... kicked him out and cut ties with him. His dad to be exact. Coming from a rich household where you basically get educated to become the next heir the moment you learn the walk. It was a slap to his parents. His dad was furious and refused to associate with him till he...started to think clearly as he called it. His mother had no choice but to side with his father, she didn't support his decision either but she did not wish to part ways. So from time to time, she messages him, and once every 3 months, they meet up to have lunch. 

''She wants to meet up for lunch?'' But he shook his head and instead his eyes dropped. 

''They are holding a charity event in 2 weeks. She wants me to join....to see her and my dad.'' I fell silent upon hearing this. Hanjae hasn't seen his dad in years...

''She told me that....my dad asked her to invite me.'' This means his dad probably wants to patch things up right?

''That's good, right?''

''I don't know.'' His words seemed empty and lost. 

''I hate to admit it but...I'm scared. I want to go and see him, talk things over once more. Perhaps he has accepted me and my choices, but ..... what if that's not it. What if it will break out in another fight again?'' I still remember the day he told his parents about his decision. 

Jaejin and I were playing games at my place, then on that rainy night, Hanjae came over. Drenched by the weather, eyes red and puffy....his face beat up. It was swollen in his cheeks and left eye. His father really raged out and beat him. He didn't resist it even though he could because he was convinced he deserved it. 

''I'm sure it won't. He didn't ask your mom to invite you because of that.'' He knew very well that there was truth in my words. If his dad still felt the same then there was simply no reason to invite him.

Hanjae nodded softly his fingers brushing up against my wrist.

''Y/N...Do you wanna come with me to the event?''

What will Y/N do?

Option A: No, Don't go

Option B: Yes, Accompany him

Leave your vote in the poll on my Instagram Story! The option with the most votes will decide how the story goes. (This will take place in every chapter)

Instagram: Lady_Lagunah