Ch 8: Confession?

You have chosen option B

Option B: Ask Him To Stay

Y/N

''C-Can't you just stay?'' My fingers slipped away from his grip hearing myself utter those words. A  sudden hit of nerves tinted my cheeks a light shade of red. I wasn't able to look at him properly. 

Surely he will stay. Right?

''I'm sorry.'' I guess disappointed wouldn't be the right word to use, to explain how I feel. It was more than that. Perhaps hurt or even somewhat offended. I realized that perhaps I am the stupid child my father used to make me out to be. 

Why is that...I always blindly choose Hajun, but it seems. He never chooses me...

''Of course....what am I even thinking.'' The words left my mouth in a distasteful manner as I stepped away. He reacted quickly taking me by the arm, however, that small action was able to awaken annoyance within my bones. 

''Hey, Are you ma-''

''Let me go.'' Silence fell as I almost stumbled away from the force I put in my swing. 

''I'll wake Jaejin up, we won't bother you any longe-''

''What do you mean? I said you guys could stay the night.'' But I ignored his words of permission shifting my way back to the living room.

He sighed following behind me.

''Y/N Why are you being like this?'' 

Truly why am I being like this?

I ignored him a trait that he can't stand.

''Answer me...'' He didn't even sound demanding or harsh, more worried and I hated it more. 

''Because!'' Both our heads whipped to the side eyeing Jaejin who despite my loud voice was still sleeping peacefully. I took a deep breath my shoulders slumbering with it, my eyes locked onto my feet.

''Because....No matter what it is. Needing help with your band, groceries, when you're sick and need someone to look after you..or simply comfort you. If you simply need support cause you're going through a tough time...It's always me. I never hesitate about these matters. I always choose you, but why is that....'' 

Gosh, what am I even saying?

''You never seem to choose me,'' I said it...

Not even my father could yell at me and make me look up at Hanjae. Feelings of bashfulness were tickling my insides. 

''Y/N...That's not what this is.''

''It is,'' I argued.

''We haven't really been hanging out lately. All I'm asking for is if you can stay and.'' I couldn't finish. The more I spoke the more I started to realize I was being unreasonable. 

''Oh gosh, never mind.'' I rubbed my temple, and the aura around me started to become heavy. Right now I just didn't want to be here anymore.

''I'm sorry for acting like the fucking child you always see me as.''

''W-What's going on?'' Oh great.

It seemed Hanjae was startled as well by Jaejin his sudden awakening. He yawned for a moment his eyes trying to figure out the situation that was unfolding in front of him. In our moments of silence, the movie in the background made up for it.

''Nothing....I'm gonna go home.'' Right now this seemed like the right decision, so without further ado I slipped toward the hall, racing away as fast as I could.

They both called out to me when I rushed to put on my shoes, but I ignore them as I closed the door behind me.

-------------------------------------------

''H-Hey wait a moment!'' I...Didn't hear him. 

I should have been surprised by the amount Jaejin caught up to me, but then again. He was known for being a fast runner, always the top in his class during PE.

''What happened back there?''

''I don't want to talk about it.'' He limped beside me exaggerating his intake of breath. It gradually died down and we walked in silence. There is this thing that he always does when I'm in a mood like this. Throwing him the 'I don't want to talk' card. 

He just simply stares at me, not a moment looking away. Full on bright eyes and a curious smile. Eventually, I give in that's what always happens. Glimpsing at his face he knew that yet again it was working.

''So shall we stop by the convenience store to get some snacks, and then sit down on the swings.'' There was a playground where we used to play when we were little. It was just on our way from Hanjae his apartment to my house, and in between stood a convenience store. This wasn't the first time we did this.

--------------------------------------

I sat down on the left swing sighing while looking at the night sky. Hanjae his face, when we locked eyes before I ran off wouldn't stop appearing in my mind. Were those eyes of pity? Or just simply him looking worried? Whatever it was it made me feel like the bad guy. Well, I can't say I'm not, I'm the one who started this whole argument in the first place. I should have just kept my mouth shut and let him leave. What will he think of me? Think I'm some clingy friend who wants to claim him? As if he can't choose other people above me? That's not what I meant, It's just...hearing her being mentioned made me upset. 

And I don't know if it's because they have a past together, or simply because she is very vocal about not being able to stand me. So I naturally feel the same way. My mind is just a mess...

''So you became a bit annoyed by the fact that he didn't want to stay?''

''It's stupid I know!'' Embarrassment was really hitting me hard as I hid behind my melon ice cream.

''No, I mean I can get where you are coming from.''

''But?'' There is always a but.

''But I guess in this kind of situation we can't really blame him. Cause we don't know the reason why she called him. Knowing Hanjae it must have been something he can't ignore.'' 

''Yeah, I realized that after lashing out at him. Man, I'm so childish!'' I could beat myself up over this for the rest of the week.

''But let's say it was because she said she missed seeing his face. Would you be mad about that?''

''Of course! What kind of reason is that?!'' Just thinking about it got me agitated. Jaejin slightly chuckled amused by my behavior, both of us lightly rocking back and forth on the swings. 

''I mean they were dating, perhaps she still likes him.'' That's what annoys me the most.

''Well he broke up with her, she should just move on.'' I froze my swing the words I spoke echoed in my head. Gradually my ears started to heat up. Jaejin did the same, stopping his motions and instead shifting himself closer to me.

''Y/N do you perhaps...Like Hanjae?''

That question alone was able to make me burst into 10 different shades of red. 

What will Y/N do?

Option A: Yes, She likes him

Option B: No, She doesn't

Leave your vote in the poll on my Instagram Story! The option with the most votes will decide how the story goes. (This will take place in every chapter)

Instagram: Lady_Lagunah