Chapter 5: TGMHWG part 2

A few things that had come into the picture began to make this journey not seem so hollow and cold, the most recent of them being the delightful tasting candies that sat inside that backpack like little sugary stone weights. Putting a slight pressure on your back throughout the steady walking through the halls like a lost leaf in the wind. However, these paths seemed to lead forward. No downwards nor upwards to this route seemed to cross throughout this winding tomb of faded colour, crumbled walls and the few patches of dust that scattered the ground.

Both of you have grown quiet to listen. Listen out for the small sounds that could either mean a leaf rustling under the injured cast or a chalk of powder that could mean that you were going to be gasping under rubble. Yet, the only sounds that came was the echoing sound of your movement forward. Nevertheless, the halls seemed so lonesome, like a ghost town, and not even the sweet tasting candies could ease the abandoned feeling. Until skulking through a patch of leaves. Your friend can only looked back at the shrivelled up plant appendages on the floor as if he was puzzled by something. "Huh...even they upped and left...what? Oh nothing, just ...just thinking..."

those words that came from him, it was questionable. Who was he talking about...and old friend perhaps? Or a ghost that thrown caution to the wind?

The aura that continued felt like a lonely broken piano could be playing a lonely tune somewhere far away in a closed off room. the clothes you wore seemed to cling to skin now. Covered in odour and dirt, slightly torn from the harsh fall and that high stakes spike floor. It felt disgusting and the need to cleanse itches away in the mind. The hallway ahead turned left and the ringing sound shrieking from a pocket alarmed your senses. Nearly stumbling from the sudden ringtone.

RING....RING....RING

The protests from him didn't stop you from ripping the cell phone out from the pocket and clicking the small button, pressing it to your ear. What was the most unsettling in that moment? The uneasy silence that roamed the corridors like a blanket in the wind or

t h e s l o w b r e a t h I n g c o m I n g f r o m t h e p h o n e ?

The cold air contributed to the shivers that crawled up like an unwelcome creature. And your own breathing followed by his paused to the uneasy breaths that continued in your ear. They sound droning and hungered which rakes down the cell phone. The seconds felt so long until your phone slowly lowered and clicked the button that finally ended the call. Staring straight ahead to finally release the exhale that was kept inside with your heart thudding against your chest harshly. "God, I don't like this at all...I'm telling you this has HER written all over it!" He was scared. It was clearly there, the fear in his voice... "Please you gotta be careful, she wants you dead". It weighed heavy but it felt true. Yet those legs continued to move forward throughout this labyrinth of emptiness and quiet.

What greeted around the bend was sitting in the far end blocked by a tree. Its form was shrunk in on itself and bared no leaves to bring any sign of life. Much like this place, even the tree was dried up and abandoned. The leaves that used to be on top had fallen from high up and scattered the ground like lifeless brown confetti at a party where nobody danced. He turned his head to look around at the empty place, taking in the barren sight as you looked up at the dead tree. Reaching a hand up to press against the hollow shell, the feeling of rough and dry scratched your fingertips. "This...this is her house. It doesn't seem like she's home...but we should be careful just in case" a precaution from the flower while you moved past the tree towards the house that spotted with moss at the bottom. In front was a door that looked like the corners were rotting away, it feels like decay was prying at the door; prying at YOU. A cold chill spiked up. Up the spine and down the hands upon grasping the door handle. Is this wandering into a place that spells death like hansel and Gretel in the candy house? Well unlike that old tale, nothing here was remotely sweet. Pushing open the door made no such sound. No creaks, no groans from the hinges, just a silent opening that exposed the inside of this house. Maybe the house itself was trying to stay quiet in case SHE heard and came back. The inside of this house certainly did not match the outside but the chill remained.

The ashy rotting floor with the smell of stale that was expected, actually spotless and pristine yet a bleak wooden colour to pop against the cream walls. A warm feeling cast all around the inside of this house and there was silence, no distant movement, no talking. Just a distant tune playing.

The house was empty. She wasn't here...for now. Yet Flowey was looking around as if he was desperate for the confirmation. What was that playing? The tune getting louder as you moved from the entryway towards the living room. Upon getting closer, the scene was more and more clearer. There was no signs of that fireplace being of use in recent days, the coals looked lonely and cold which seemed to fit this place. Alone in front of the fireplace was a large, dull leather chair sitting alone; it was almost twice your size and there was a deep imprint in it from someone sitting in the chair so many times.

*Seems like it would be the right size for HER...*

In the corner was a gramophone, next to a bookshelf that held many books of different names; withered or seemingly intact. Dust clung to the gramophones horn and sitting on the record deck was a vinyl pinned down and slowly turning around to make the music spit in a quiet melody. It oddly brought a soft feeling to the room.

*the record sounded like it was from a long, long time ago and looks like it wouldn't last for long in your backpack if you took it. The label on the vinyl has worn away too much to make out what it read. At least the song playing sounded nice...it served as a way to cool the nerves.*

The melody could not strongly follow you along back into the hallway nor slowly down the hall where the walls fitted with doors seemed to stare as if this was a liminal surrounding. Looking upon the first door and turning the doorknob, pushing it open revealed something that looked like a child's old bedroom. Yet, it looks like nobody has set foot there in a long, long time. So long that small cobwebs have made home the corners of the walls and there was no light except from the light coming from the hall which crept in through the doorway, laying to rest on the bed along with your own silhouette. Upon looking around, the hallway light showed the child-like drawings up along the wall, the chest that had a bunch of dusty toys peeking out of it and a singular large wardrobe that loomed at the back. More while, the tune playing in the living room was distant but it was there... It had felt like the room had a kept in chill the deeper you went into the room. The rug muffled your movements and Flowey continued to look towards the wardrobe before his voice came up. "Hey, take a look in the wardrobe, there might still be some clothes in there that you can take."

It was a good idea, seeing, as your current clothes were currently feeling quite unpleasant to wear right now and your pant leg ripped and dyed with large splotches of your own blood. It couldn't hurt to wear something new...the old wood wardrobe seemed to stare with its old metal handles and its old fashioned design. Even it standing seemed to feel like it was going to creak and moan with age. Pulling on the handle had a slight drag, as if the rust was trying to hold back the door but failing, revealing hung up inside and folded on the bottom were clothes. Some with dulled colours from age, some having noticeable stitching where holes or tears used to be and it all gave off a scent of...something... a scent of old; left behind.

And nearly ended up shrieking when a familiar hand clamped onto your shoulder.

"Oh my...you've found those silly old things~!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wooo! sorry for the long wait and i'm also sorry it's a little smaller than the chapters so far, college has me busy!