tlt.

"there she is again..."

"let's get chiron — it might be serious."

"oh please, katie, she might just be listening to some of her imaginary friends."

"wouldn't be the first time..."

one, two — or was it three? or perhaps multiple, is the correct term — multiple eyes settled on the girl at the hermes table, her eyes blank and clouded, posture as stiff as it could have been, and ear picking up the slightest of whispers that lingered in the air.

"a boy..." a first voice chimed, interested at the new occurrence.

then came the second, more serious — more informative, "down, by the border..."

"poor child — he must've been devastated." a cry came after the second, and rue looked to her right, seeing a teary-eyed demigod who was being comforted by another demi— is that a hunter?

"rue, inform chiron — the boy might be saved just in time." now came a familiar voice — her sister — who caught the attention of the ten year old as she shifted her gaze to the transparent demigod just across her table. two pairs of coal-black eyes clashes, and the older and much wiser hardened her gaze, while the younger and innocent merely nods in understanding, standing up, and made her way to the big house.

"hopefully he will, because gods knows how he'll be fucking pissed if he were to die." a gruff voice comments, grumbling about the sudden events and unknowingly causes the weeping demigod to bawl her eyes out more — and once again, the hunter merely comforts her, glaring at the redhead who held his arms up. "don't look at me like that you know i'm right!

"hush, patton, we must not speak of it." a more silvery yet sharp voice hushed the gruff demigod — patton — who merely scoffed and just followed rue, who was close to sprinting as she neared the familiar, father-like centaur — currently playing pinochle and winning, might she add.

"lord dionysus, master chiron" she greeted the two, the centaur smiling at the young ten year old, whilst the god had only rolled his eyes, giving a short nod in return. "a boy was spotted at the borders." she wasted no time with dropping the news, watching as chiron's eyes went wide with wonder and expectancy, "he is — hmm? oh, is he? — he lost his mother, appears to be heavily injured whilst carrying the satyr — grover underwood who is unconscious — and he defeated a... a minotaur? ah, indeed, a minotaur..."

she was greeted with silence, the ghosts that followed her just informing rue of what they witnessed. yet before any of them could reply, they looked back once they saw two boys not far from them, one unconscious, and one heavily injured — just like rue had told them just seconds before.

with a smile, she turned to the two men, where one had remained seated, while the other rushed to follow the girl, a demigod a year older than her, eagerly following suit once she saw the commotion.

rue didn't mind, the more the merrier, right?

"that is them, and by eliana's words, she wishes you, master chiron, that... uh-huh — oh, she senses that he is in need of ambrosia, and nectar — " she was cut short when the black haired boy had dropped to the ground — just close to the porch, unaware of the many snickering faces that watched him, "and... he is unconscious."

"welcome to life, bitc — "

"pallas — no! do not dare complete that sentence! "