Prologue: Darkness Descends

It has been several millennia since Demon Slayers left japan and ventured to the other corners of the earth. Some have settled in America, others in different parts of Europe, and others in Africa and some parts of central and south America. It is in the new country of Sylverant that our story begins however. The capital city of Durham, a lovely city and just about the most gorgeous city one could lay eyes on. Sylverant had plenty of crops, mineral resources, oil, technology, and even precious metals like gold if one so desired. The city had stone and marble buildings from its European heritage, while also having buildings resembling that of most Asian cities.

The year is 2224, exactly 200 years since the civil war in japan. We see the city is bustling with activity this particular morning and a young couple is helping guide visitors around the city. This young couple is of course Derek and Katsura Dragonblade, they have been married for a few years and are tourist guides. While they don’t have the most glamorous job in the world, they learned to enjoy it because they get to meet so many new people. Their job does pay well enough to provide for their 3 young children at home. They have a flame haired, 4 year old, a 3 and a half year old ginger, and a fuchsia pink haired newborn baby girl. Normally, two boys and a girl wouldn’t be easy to leave behind at the house while they worked. They did have a friend who was great with kids and was the wife of Reynar Tokyoheim, one of Derek’s friends from his days in the army as a teenager. This friend was Yang Lyn, Reynar’s wife. Although she was younger than Derek and Katsura, she knew how to handle kids well enough. Whenever Max and Colbert would get into trouble and break something, she would kindly scold them not unlike a mother would. She’d rough house with them because well.. They were boys, played guns with them, and just did anything to keep them entertained. When it would be time to check on baby mist however, she would just give them some books to read.

Of course these books almost always were superhero books, those were their favorites. Books about the famous superman and batman were their two favorites. Even though they knew the characters weren’t real and were fictional, they couldn’t help but wonder if someday they could be like that too someday and somehow.

“Big brother?”, Colbert asked.

"Yes Colby, what is it?,” Max asked in response.

“You think we can be heroes like Superman and Batman someday?,” Colbert asked curiously.

Max thought about it for a split second before answering as nicely as his four year old mind could put it into words.

"Of course we will. And when we do, we’ll be able to save people from baddies as much as we want!,” Max answered.

This seemed to satisfy the three and a half year old as he went back to reading his book. Unbeknownst to them, Yang Lyn was watching them while holding baby mist. She smiled having heard their conversation, they were good kids. They could be a little mischievous at times, but they were well behaved for the most part. She walked into the room to reveal herself and get them to bed as it was getting to be rather late.

"Alright you two, time to go take a nap. I don’t want you two to be crazy when your mommy and daddy get home, they will have had a long day at work already by  the time they get home.,” Yang Lyn said.

The two boys nodded and went to go take their naps, despite not wanting to. They knew better than to get their babysitter angry, besides they didn’t want to make her mad. They liked her and would rather be on her good side if at all possible.

Evening was fast approaching when the dragonblade’s boss came up to them and released them to go home. He knew that they had young kids at home so he wasn’t going to keep them any later than need be. Both husband and wife thanked their boss and began the walk home to their children. While they were walking though, Derek had this nagging feeling that something really bad was about to happen soon. Katsura felt it as well and began to worry for their kids, so both hastened their pace to get home as quickly as possible.