Chapter 1: Island Day!

Ten years have now passed since the disaster in Durham, and in that time the Dragonblade family and the Tokyoheim family have gotten to know the citizens. The people of Shuratown and the country of Guerrin have come to know the two families fairly well at this point. Despite being from Sylverant, the people of Guerrin have come to accept the two neighboring families as their own fellow citizens of the small country. Since the Dragonblade’s and the Tokyoheim’s are neighbors and good friends, it’s become quite common for their kids to be seen together. This particular day was no different, the 3 Dragonblade children and the twins from the Tokyoheim family were just hanging out together. Well, except for one of the Dragonblade kids. And that particular individual is currently still sleeping. It’s a Friday, Mr. and Mrs. Dragonblade have already stepped out of the house for work. Although it’s just a typical Friday morning for everyone else, it is a very special morning for someone. The one who is sleeping currently is Maxwell Dragonblade, the eldest of his siblings.

He had been sleeping soundly, until he had a very strange dream. He deserved sleep too. Max had been up into the early hours of the morning fixing his best friend’s hydro bike, or hover bike as his siblings called it. For some odd reason, Max had been having the same recurring dream for the past week. This time was no different than the previous 6 days that he’d experienced this particular dream while sleeping. He heard the same voice in his head again, the voice sounded like a young woman’s. “Awake, oh sleeping hero.”, he heard the voice say.

Then the voice continued.

“For your time has come, chosen one… It’s now time for you to realize your destiny and fulfill it… The God of Creation, Elohim has appointed you. A time of reckoning will soon come. It’s time you made a choice… will you accept the destiny he’s given to you and is calling you to? Or.. will you reject it and leave thousands, maybe even millions and billions to die? Your decision will likely mark the path you’ll take in the future. You were born for such a time as this, now awaken!,” the voice shouted.

After he heard the shout in his dream, Max shot up from his bed. Gasping for air, he decided to take a look around his room. Max felt himself and realized that he was drenched in sweat. The flame haired teen then got up and headed to the bathroom to wipe the sweat off of himself. Once he began washing himself off to get rid of the sweat, he wondered why he was having these bizarre dreams recently. It seemed odd to him that he would start having these dreams recently out of nowhere, there had to be some reason why he was having the dreams he was. Then there was the fact that they were the same dreams too, that had to mean something.

Once he was done washing himself off and ridding himself of the sweat on him, he returned to his room and sat on his bed. As Max was trying to get his bearings and properly wake up, he heard a knock at the door followed by a familiar voice.

“Big brother? Are you awake now?,” a voice asked.

Max knew who this voice belonged to, it was his younger sister, Mist. He smiled and waved for her to come into the room. He thought it was just her, but wasn’t surprised at all when she was followed by both of the Tokyoheim twins and Colbert. This fuchsia-purple haired girl was Mist Dragonblade, she was Max’s younger sister and the youngest of the 3 Dragonblade children. She was 12 years old now, so a lot of her childlike way of speaking had disappeared. Some of it remained however, this was most likely due to her having a soft spot for her eldest brother. The two twins with her were Hokoh and Hon'oo, both were a year younger at 11.

“I was beginning to wonder when you’d ever wake up.,” Colbert said.

This is Colbert Dragonblade, the 2nd of the 3 Dragonblade children. Max wondered though.. How long had the 4 of them been awake?