Chapter Five

Enjoy ^^

"Kaylee, what are you doing here?" My tone was sharp and clipped.

She swallowed, pursing her lips. "I tried texting you, but you didn't reply, and I tried calling you, but it went to voicemail."

I narrowed my eyes and crossed my arms. "That didn't answer my question."

She glared at me. "I feel like someone's been following me lately, and you're the only person I know to go to. I've been getting threating calls and weird messages. I've been warned not to go to the police, but yesterday my house was broken into and I don't know where else to go, or what to do. Please, Dylan..."

I sighed. "You can sleep on the couch." With that, I turned around and went into my bedroom, slamming the door behind me. I stepped out of my shoes and slipped off my jacket and shirt. I hung my holster and pistol on the edge of the bed. I ran my hands through my shaggy hair, which had grown too long. I'd forgotten to cut it, no matter how many times my boss jumped onto me for it.

There was a pounding on my door. "Dylan!"

I cursed at her, then threw open the door. "What do you want?" I raised my voice in irritation.

"You can't just leave me out here!" She called me a few names and crossed her arms. Her shirt was low cut, and her shorts were, well short, showing off her long, tanned legs and her chest.

I swallowed and gritted my teeth, hoping she didn't notice. I clenched my fists to keep from touching her as much as I wanted to. I was so close to finding Tarik and ending this forever, but one mess-up with her, and all my hard work will have been for nothing. I never knew what time would be her last; if this next time he reversed her time, he would just decide to kill her. "Well, whattya want me to do?" I deepened my tone to hide how tired I was.

Her eyes shifted to my bare chest.

I mentally cursed myself and forced my eyes to stay on hers. Almost as if my body refused to listen, my chest started pounding and my eyes shifted to her lips.

She saw the movement. It only took seconds for her to slam into me and to knock us both in the room. The moment her lips brushed mine, all my control snapped. I crushed my lips against hers with bruising force and grabbed her waist. I lifted her up onto my waist as she wrapped her legs around my hips. My mouth traveled from her lips to her jawline and then nuzzled against her neck. She rubbed her hands across my bare back, and the sensation made me shiver.

I turned and threw her onto the bed. She smiled up and glanced over me seductively as I collapsed on top of her. I kept my hands on either side of her, carefully keeping my weight off her. I shifted one hand to lightly trace her skin just under the edge of her shirt. She moaned lightly, making my blood boil and my chest pound harder. I felt as if I could not breathe, and as if I was taking my first breath all at the same time. Her hands traced and explored, as I pressed myself against her as much as I could. Her legs straddled my hips lower, which nearly drove me insane. I slipped my hand farther up her shirt, before I stopped. She paused, and swallowed. "I-I'm not ready for...."

I nodded, and fought to control my breathing. I would never violate her in such a manner, and I cursed myself for losing control, even for a brief moment.

"I'm-I'm sorry." She tried smiling, but it did not reach her eyes.

"Don't be." I smirked, almost out of habit. "It's not your fault you're a prude."

She glared at me, her eyes wide in shock and pain. She pushed against my chest and I rolled off her, onto my back on the bed beside her. She sat up. "How can you be like that?"