Epilogue

I had no time to dodge. The metal pierced his chest, almost right threw his heart as I landed on top of him. Pain slammed into my stomach as the metal pierced the skin and went straight through. I felt it go through my stomach and angle up, so that it hit the middle of my spine.

"NASSAN!"

I pressed against the wall, trying to push myself away, but my muscles would not work. My eyes blinked several times and I realized my face was wet. There was a loud sound and several voices, but I could hardly hear what was going on over the sound of my heart pounding in my ears.

Agony swelled through my whole body and distantly I heard screaming. 

"Someone call 911!"

"Dylan!"

"Nasan... please! Don't go!" I heard her over the multitude of voices that surrounded me. To hear my original name uttered from her lips shattered through the cold walls that had surrounded me for so long.

My eyes blinked again and through the blackness, I saw her face leaning over mine. Tears fell from her face onto mine and I could see that her hands were on my face, but I could not feel them. "I... remember! And I love you! Please, Nasan!"

I opened my mouth to speak, but I coughed, and all I could taste was the rusty, bitter tinge of blood.

Blackness grew as I heard her shouting to me. "Don't... leave.... Me! God, please! Nas....an! Nas..."

The pain grew and grew until it was all I could feel, until it became my whole world. Everything became cold...too cold. Cold and dark. I love you, Eshe, I thought, and it was her name that brought one last ounce of warmth, before my world became nothing but blackness; nothing but ashes. 

Hey everyone! So this story IS completely finished. Please vote and comment to tell me what you think so that I can make the story the best it can be for you guys. I'm sorry about the ending... please don't kill me o.o

I know it's kind of short, but I specifically wrote this for a contest, which I hope everyone in the contest enjoyed this book and had good luck with their own :)

If anyone sees any history that is incorrect in this book, I apologize and please tell me so that I can correct it! I did a lot of research to try and get this book right! (Also let me know if it needs to be more romantic... I tried).

Eventually I am going to write this into a full novel, which means it will be longer (with a different ending, I promise you), and it will become a part, and tie in with my series called Valiant. If any of you guys have ideas or specific parts (as in specific time periods or places) you would like to be included, please comment and let me know and I will put it into the longer version later. I hope you guys enjoyed reading this book, and I hope it was romantic enough for the contest. I had a lot of fun writing it and doing the research for it too.