CHAPTER 1

Amarsri and Srinav went to Kailash to find out the marter of that unbearable scream and the excellent stuti of Mahadev.

There they both greeted Mata Parvati and Ganesh.

"Mata, yeh kiska rudan tha ? Aur fir yeh stuti kisne ki ?" Srinav asked.

"Dashgreev Ravan ne." Mata Parvati said.

"Dashgreev ? Saptrishi Pulatsya ka pautra ?" Amarsri asked.

"Ha. Wahi Dashgreev." Mata Parvati said.

"Rishi-putra ka aisa rudan ?" Ganesh asked.

"Ha putra. Kyuki yeh Rishi-putra ek Rakshas hai." The all-mother replied.

"Mata, kripiya shuru se bataye iss Ravan ke baare mei." Ganesh requested.

"Uchit hai. Brahma-putra Saptrishi Pulatsya ke putra Rishi Vishrav ka vivah Rishi Bharadwaj ki putri Ilavida se huya. Unke sahiyog se ek sajjan putra ka janm huya, Vaishravan, jo iss sansaar mei Kuber ke naam prasiddh hai. Rishi Vishrav ke kehne par Kuber ne Lanka namak ek rikt taapu mei bhavya rajya ka nirmaan kiya. Yu toh Lanka rakshasho ka rajya tha, kintu woh uss sthaan ko chhod ke chale gaye the...." Mata Parvati started narating the tale.

-- FLASHBACK --

After such a flourishing kingdom was established by Kuber, the Rakshasas again came and settled in Lanka happily seeing it's prosperity.

One of the Kings of Rakshas was named Sukesh. He had three powerful sons, namely Malyavan, Sumali and Mali. Sumali had a resplendent daughter named Kaikeshi, she was as splendid as Devi Lakshmi.

Sumali wanted a good match for his daughter but most of the suiters were hesitant to even approach her fearing rejection.

One day Sumali saw Kuber flying in his Pushpak viman, which he had obtained from Brahmadev after pleasing him with intense tapasya. Sumali was extremely impressed by the young and radiant King of Lanka.

An idea struck his mind that if his daughter obtained a son like Kuber then it will restore the lost glory of Rakshas clan. Hence Sumali convinced Kaikeshi to approach Rishi Vishrav and choose him as her husband.

And so Kaikeshi went to Rishi Vishrav's ashram where the great sage was doing tapasya. She patiently waited before him. After the sage had finished his daily rituals, he opened his eyes and saw a beautiful lady in front of him.

"Kaun ho tum devi ? Aur kaunsa prayojan tumhe yaha laya hai ?" Rishi Vishrav asked.

"Shrimaan mere aane ka karan aap apni tapasya se swayam jaan le. Kintu ashwast rahe ki Mai yaha apne pita ke aagya se aayi hu. Mera naam Kaikeshi hai." She said shyly.

Rishi Vishrav meditated for a few minutes and came to know of the reason why Kaikeshi had come.

"Hmm. Toh tum mujhse santaan ki praapti chahti ho. Tumhari iccha purn hogi. Kintu jis kshan mere netra tum par pade woh shubh samaye nahi tha. Iss liye humare sahiyog se jo santaane utpan hongi woh atyant hinsak aur krur honge." He said.

"Aap jaise sammanit rishi se mai krur santaano ki apeksha nahi karti hu. Mujh par daya kare Rishivar." Kaikeshi begged earnestly.

"Humara sahiyog se utpan huyi antim santaan awashya dharmsheel aur dayalu hogi." The sage comforted her.

Hence Rishi Vishrav and Kaikeshi had 4 children three sons namely Dashgreev, Kumbhkaran and Vibhishan and a daughter named Shurpankha. Vibhishan was the youngest among the four and was undoubtedly virtuous and kind.

Kaikesh,i who was very fond of her stepson Kuber, would often tell Dashgreev to strive to be like his elder brother. This made him jealous and angry.

"Chinta na kar Mata, mai vachan deta hu ki tera yeh putra ya toh Kuber ke anurup Mahaan banega ya usse bhi adhik varisht banega !" Dashgreev declared.

Then he along with his brothers headed to Gokarn and they undertook intense tapasya to please Brahmadev.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Fun Fact - Lanka was built by Vishwakarma himself for Rakshas clan led by Heti. After Bhagwaan Vishnu defeated Rakshasas because they became arrogant and oppressive, they abandoned the city and went into hiding.

Btw can we appreciate the fact that this is the 10th book of the series ✨ We have come so far