It's normal to be scared about new things

Thank you so much @LouWalker0 for this request, I hope it's written the way you imagined:)

Hailey and Jay had been married for a few months now. Jay currently worked as a police detective for the intelligence unit in the Chicago police department and his wife Hailey Upton currently worked in the robbery-homicide unit as a police detective but she had recently been working alongside intelligence on a case about teen robbers who were being given orders by a former convict who couldn't perform the robberies himself.

It was the end of the day and Hailey had went to speak to Hank Voight, she complimented how he helped out one of the robbers so they could still live a life once they got out of jail, she thought it was a really nice thing that he'd done. He was really impressed by how she worked on the case and thought that she could bring something to his unit so he offered her a job in the intelligence unit. She said yes without hesitation, she knew this kind of opportunity didn't come around everyday and she liked the idea of doing something a little different. They spoke for a while about the job and sorted out a couple pieces of paperwork, then Hailey left and headed home to see Jay and tell him the news.

In the car on the way home Hailey began to overthink the decision she just made, she tried to go through the pros and cons in her head and there seemed to always be more pros for her than cons no matter what way she looked at it but nothing seemed to calm the mix of anxiety and fear she was feeling. She had spent the whole drive home overthinking and now she was walking into her and Jays apartment building. The closer she got to the apartment the closer the tears came to spilling out of her eyes. As soon as she walked in the door she was greeted by Jay with a hug and kiss, she put her stuff away and then sat on one of the kitchen stools as Jay was cooking dinner for them. "How was your day?" Jay asked his wife while he cooked their dinner. Hailey just started crying, jay turned around to look at Hailey as she hadn't responded to him and he saw her picking at the skin round her nails as tears streamed down her face. "What's wrong Hails?" Jay asked turning off the cooker and going over to her. "I've got a job at intelligence now, Voight offered me the job and I took it." She said. Jay wasn't sure how to react as he couldn't understand how Hailey was feeling about it, he loved the idea of getting to work with her though. "Isn't that good news or are you unhappy that you said yes?" Jay asked her, wanting to know how she was actually feeling about the situation. "Yeah it is good news but I've been overthinking it so much." She said standing up from the chair. "Like what if the team don't like me because I'm new, what if they think me joining is inconvenient or they find me annoying." Hailey ranted pacing back and fourth across the kitchen floor. "Hey hey, calm, take a deep breath." Jay said going over to her and gripping her shoulders gently to stop her pacing. "I can't be calm, I'm scared." She said putting her head in the palm of her hands. "Look at me." Hailey removed her hands from her head and looked up at Jay. "It's normal to be scared about new things so I understand why you feel the way you do but I promise you everyone is really welcoming and nice and I'll be there so if you need anything you can talk to me. I know you'll fit in just fine trust me." He said pulling her into his embrace and giving her a tight hug. Hailey relaxed into his embrace taking a deep breath and smiling, Jay made things seem less scary which calmed her anxiety significantly.

It was Hailey's first day as a police detective for the intelligence unit. When she woke up she spoke to her brother on the phone, talking to him about how she was feeling about it and he could tell she was nervous so he gave her a few pieces of advice and they spoke for awhile, he wished her luck and said goodbye to her then hung up the phone. Haileys brother was the only member of her family that she spoke to but he lived an hour and a half away so they didn't see each other often but they made sure to talk on the phone a lot and keep each other updated on what was going on in their lives.

Haileys first day went really well, everyone was really welcoming and she enjoyed it, she knew it would take a while for her to fully settle and get use to the way things were ran around the unit but she was looking forward to this new beginning.

Time skip to some days later
Hailey had just found out she was going to be partnered with Jay. Hank knew the two were married as it was on Haileys file that Jay was her next of kin and also there matching wedding rings, but he seen the way they worked with each other and seen that even though they were married it didn't effect their work at all and they actually worked really well together so he decided to partner them up. Hailey spoke to Jay about this and they decided it was best to tell the team that they were married. Hailey felt nervous about this as the only people that knew were Will, Natalie and Trudy because they kept it really quiet as they didn't want lots of people to know.

Hailey and Jay went into the district that morning and told everyone they had something they wanted to let them know. "Me and Hailey are actually married and we've been married for 8 months now so way before Hailey joined the unit, we kept it really quiet for a few reasons but now that we've been partnered up with each other and we're working in the same unit we thought it made sense to let everyone know." Jay said. They were met with congratulations and a few questions asking how they met and stuff like that, but everyone was really understanding about the fact they kept it quiet and it didn't change the dynamic of the unit.