10

"Well, you're not actually."

"You're asking me out!?" Seokjin screeched then blushed bright red and lowered his voice, "You're asking me out? Me? The class nerd."

"I think you're cute. The way you blush, the way you smile, the way you're just you—it's adorable."

Seokjin's cheeks burned from the compliments.

"You like me?"

"I do. I have for a while but I never had a chance to sit and chat with you to ask you out. The first time I was so concerned when you fell—"

Seokjin squeaks, embarassed.

"—I wanted to know if you were alright but you just sprinted out. At the cafeteria you always hang out with that other kid, Jung Hoseok, and so I thought you guys were a thing."

"Me and Hoseok!? A thing? Never!" Seokjin squaked, disgusted by the idea, lips curling into a frown that had Namjoon laughing.

"Gosh, why are you so cute?"

"I—you. Stop doing that," Jin whined.

"I figured from the way Hoseok drooled over Yoongi during basketball practice while you were with him. And yep the knocking of our heads together? I was annoyed that people made fun of you but the professor didn't me a chance to say anything and before I could speak to you, you were gone. Which is why I decided to blurt it out as quickly as I could today," Namjoon chuckled.

Seokjin's face turned pink.

"You didn't give me an answer yet," said Namjoon with a slight pout.

"Yes. Of course I'd go out on a date with you."

"Great then. I'm looking forward to spending the evening with you. Meet me here after your classes, yeah?"

"Sure," Seokjin mumbled.

And with a smile, Namjoon took a seat at the table. Seokjin felt giddy with excitement. Maybe he did stand a chance afterall.

The end

A/N : I'm sorry. Ik this was lame. I tried writing humor while I felt nothing but angst and it didn't work as you can obviously see in this story. I'm so sorry. I'll write a better Namjin oneshot. Forgive me for this crap I typed down.